Evernote 6' search worse than Evernote 5

Hello,

After using Evernote 5 for long time, I've just updated to Evernote 6. Evernote 6's search is so bad, unusable. Where was the possibility to make search with tag in the bar???? There is some options to show the search information so we could add tag there but need to click one by one and need to turn the "all" option. The CTRL+Q is unusable as it still doesn't allow  to combine tags. So bad, I'm really disappointed after upgrading. Perhaps, I'll go back to 5 version.

Thanks,

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to see you're having a bad experience.  I moved from v5 to v6 a while ago,  but I don't remember any differences in searches,  and Ctrl-Q pops up a dedicated search box with (for me) no problems.  Searching with tags seems easy enough - I can click on a tag to find its related notes,  or type "tag:mytag" in the search bar with the same result.  Can you explain your problems a little more fully?  If you prefer to go back to v5,  then that's fine - the issues you're having may get resolved in another update;  but submitting a bug report does help Evernote find and fix problems faster for all our benefit.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, atim169 said:

Hello,

After using Evernote 5 for long time, I've just updated to Evernote 6. Evernote 6's search is so bad, unusable. Where was the possibility to make search with tag in the bar???? There is some options to show the search information so we could add tag there but need to click one by one and need to turn the "all" option. The CTRL+Q is unusable as it still doesn't allow  to combine tags. So bad, I'm really disappointed after upgrading. Perhaps, I'll go back to 5 version.

Thanks,

1. Ctrl-F10 toggles the search explanation which displays the tag selection icon in the bottom right.
  2. Shift-Alt-T enables the tag picker
  3. With the search explanation showing you can click on the notebook dropdown to select all notes.

Thank you for replying,

All have you said allow the previous features, well. Like using tag:some_tag. All I have to say is I wonder why it becomes more difficult to use like this. Previously, we had just on search bar with all features, Here are few case I can list :

- no more autosuggestion on search, we need to use mouse and click to select few search alternatives in the search explanation
- tags can't be directly entered in the search bar anymore. click is not partical, we need to click on each tag
- etc.

Before, everything was supported by the unique search bar and I could select multiple tags immediately. The autosuggestion below allowed to choose tags too.

In any case, I'll try to adapt myself or i'll go back to 5.

Thanks (y)

• Level 5*

The changes were a specific design decision by EN.  There is discussion in one or all of the 6. Beta threads in the forum if you want to see what was said.  You are not alone in wondering why the change.  

For my use case there are some pluses and minuses to what was done, now that I understand the changes.  Overall probably a small net minus.  Never good to have to go to multiple places when one worked the first time.  But still, no that much of a PITA for me.  FWIW.

Archived