Clarification of "Share" on Web app, Confidential Notes...

Hope this is posted in correct forum. Sorry if not. Scared about confidentiality with sensitive notes.

Don't really use the web interface with my premium account, but logged in today and gave me quite a scare to notice the "Share" button, top, right. I have some pretty confidential notes and would seriously be at a disadvantage if they were to accidentally be shared on FB site, etc. Is there any way to simply turn off that feature ? I do see that FB has a way to disable platform applications. But, still very scary.  All I would need to do is accidentally turn on that feature with FB and my very confidential notes are shared to the world (if I accidentally share them). Scary. How can I find a 100% way to be confident none of my EN notes will ever be shared. I know, the simple answer to this is just don't select those functions, but still quite uncomfortable with such a simple function to share sensitive data. I must have total confidence no EN notes will ever make it outside of my Web or Client apps. If I can't really get this with EN, then it is seriously useless to me.

Different Q: I notice using Web app that my notes have an actual URL associated with them (separate from the one from "Share Link"), which is also scary, since as mentioned some are very confidential. I can see that to access that URL requires a login. I can encrypt from the Client app. but it would be quite counter productive to encrypt all of my notes. I do use EN for many confidential notes, and if EN is not secure enough for me to be totally confident that my notes are perfectly confidential, then I need to know so that I can come up with a different plan. I know the simple answer is to just not use those functions. I see the URL is specific for both the note itself and the Share Link URL

Thanks.
Premium user last 3 years.

• Level 5*

The General Discussion forum might have been a better choice.  If you like, I can move the discussion.

Not sure what's going on with the web, and perhaps someone can provide more details.

My impression is that our notes are protected behind the EN firewalls.

We can poke a hole in the firewall, for example I often get EN to generate a public URL for specific notes.  I can revoke that when it's not needed.

As to the urls you see on web access, They are not available for public access.

Thanks for reply and Certainly, move to where it fits.

I use EN for everything, confidential, not confidential, no inappropriate content, though. It is the most convenient that way, across devices, with all of my data accessible, confidential or not. I guess I just never put any thought into how secure my data is and seeking reassurance in anyway I can get it that my confidential data is seriously secure. I do see the revoke public sharing on a specific note. And on a few notes I do use the additional encryption. I guess I could just start using the encryption on my confidential notes, and even then sharing would not give up anything without the key. Is that correct?

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, RgaDawg said:

Thanks for reply and Certainly, move to where it fits.

I use EN for everything, confidential, not confidential, no inappropriate content, though. It is the most convenient that way, across devices, with all of my data accessible, confidential or not. I guess I just never put any thought into how secure my data is and seeking reassurance in anyway I can get it that my confidential data is seriously secure.

Moved.

You might be interested in this discussion

Archived