I usually use an Evernote Basic account from my iPhone, but recently accessed the account from the web (Windows, Chrome). I was having issues loading a particular note (only the first bit of content was present), and on refresh I continued to have the issue. I accessed the note on my phone to see the same issue, and eventually realized that the large majority of my content in this note was completely deleted. In searching the Evernote support pages, the closest help I came across was https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314448, which requested I "Select 'Report data loss' in the 'What can we help with?' field on the support ticket form," an option which doesn't exist. It and other pages suggested getting an Activity Log, which I was unfortunately unable to figure out from the web platform, or checking the version history, which I do not have access to as a Evernote Basic user.

Can anyone recommend a path forward? The content I lost is one of the most important running documents I have (started last April) and I would be seriously set back by losing all of this information.

UPDATE: I upgraded to Evernote Premium to access the Version History and my note content was in there. I'm very thankful to have my content back, but now I have a subscription to Evernote Premium that I would like to have refunded. Anyone know how I can follow up on that?

15 hours ago, sethsacher said:

UPDATE: I upgraded to Evernote Premium to access the Version History and my note content was in there. I'm very thankful to have my content back, but now I have a subscription to Evernote Premium that I would like to have refunded. Anyone know how I can follow up on that?

Hey! I can help you out with that, just open a support ticket and let me know what your ticket number is.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, sethsacher said:

What should my responses be on the Evernote Support to "What can we help you with?", etc. to submit a ticket to the right place?

As a premium user now,  you shouldn't have a problem with any category,  and if @amanda_h is processing it,  you don't need to worry about which one to choose... just post the number here when you get one!

I have the same problem. Due to the new updating, I have lost one of my most important note and it seems all I can do is upgrade to Evernote Premium which I don't want to since it has a cost that I don't want to assume for the moment. It happened with this new update that Evernote team has created, I don't want to think that it is to force us to upgrade this valuable App. Please, I need to recuperate that note. How can I do it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Jose Villarrubia said:

I have the same problem. Due to the new updating, I have lost one of my most important note and it seems all I can do is upgrade to Evernote Premium which I don't want to since it has a cost that I don't want to assume for the moment. It happened with this new update that Evernote team has created, I don't want to think that it is to force us to upgrade this valuable App. Please, I need to recuperate that note. How can I do it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

See the posts above - if you raise a support request and post the number here we'll try to get @amanda_h to take a look at it for you...

I was working on some encrypted content on the web and it vanished when I hit CTRL+Z to go back a step. I can't export an activity log from the browser and the support ticket page only kicks me here since it reserves chat & email for the Premium users. 

3 minutes ago, Prachir said:

@amanda_h I had the same issue - I upgraded to Evernote Premium and was able to recover my note content, and would appreciate being refunded for it. My ticket number is 1762902.

Hi! I just responded to your email, thanks for posting the ticket number here!

Hi, I think I got the same problem with everyone. One of my notes have missing content and I cannot submit any support ticket without upgrading to premium. Is there any way to resolve this? Or I have to absolutely upgrade to Premium to resolve?

Kindly help as I am very frustrated that my note suddenly missing its content.

Somehow parts of my note content is missing. Not sure why but looks like this happened after I decided which 2 devices to keep for Evernote.

Cannot find anything in trash.

Now I cannot even submit a ticket to log this bug. I followed the instruction to log a ticket but there is no ticket logging button there.

Can anybody suggest what to do? I am trying not to upgrade to Premium just to recover a part of 1 of my notes.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, addicted said:

I am trying not to upgrade to Premium just to recover a part of 1 of my notes.

This a monthly upgrade option available so you don't have to pay for the full year.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, addicted said:

Hi, I think I got the same problem with everyone. One of my notes have missing content and I cannot submit any support ticket without upgrading to premium. Is there any way to resolve this? Or I have to absolutely upgrade to Premium to resolve?

Kindly help as I am very frustrated that my note suddenly missing its content.

A lost data report should get you a ticket number.  Post it here and maybe @amanda_hwill be able to look at it for you...

10 hours ago, s2sailor said:

This a monthly upgrade option available so you don't have to pay for the full year.

Hi s2sailor, I am still losing my content for something that I don't even do. I did not mistakenly edit my notes and save it. It's just gone without me personally editing the note content. I also cannot log a ticket to report this problem because there is no log ticket button in the help & Support page.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, addicted said:

Hi s2sailor, I am still losing my content for something that I don't even do. I did not mistakenly edit my notes and save it. It's just gone without me personally editing the note content. I also cannot log a ticket to report this problem because there is no log ticket button in the help & Support page.

hi. what have you lost?

this caught my eye, because i am also losing note content. a pdf attachment disappeared entirely. and, for some reason, some content has become inaccessible on ios. it is accessible on the web and desktop, but cannot be opened on ios. i also seem to be missing some images in clippd notes. 

this is a recent phenomon, and it never occurred to me that the device limits could be related. i am premium at the moment, but was basic until last month, when i did select two devices to use with the account. perhaps that is having some impact.

at any rate, if you could give us more information, that would be nice.

• Level 5*

Below the area you screenshot there should also be a further search box.  For some reason typing in that box will is sometimes required to pop up the ticket link.  If that doesn't help,  try tweeting @EvernoteHelps

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jimmy____g said:

I just had the same problem and after reading this thread was also forced to pay for premium and would like a refund. thank  you. support ticket: 1800751

Hey @jimmy____g,

It looks like one of our agents already responded to your ticket, let me know if you need anything else!

I am in the same boat, and need help. I spent a great deal of time this weekend planning out my week in Evernote, and my note disappeared and was replaced by an older version.

I have a basic account, so none of the options for creating support tickets or bug reports are available. 

Someone, please help. It is very distressing not to be able to access this lengthy note I created. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - i have the same problem - please can you help me @amanda_h - i went to a conference on 12th and 13th sept but only have 1/2 my notes and i know they saved. im a new user and am not having much luck with teh support page as i cant see history or help or anything on my ipad account or laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i lost note content on my mobile device. I accidentally hit set reminder while typing. The keyboard disappeared. I hit "mark as done" just so the reminder would not be set anymore and half of my note (which I keep adding/editing every week) was deleted! 

I looked to start a ticket but "report data loss" was not in the drop down menu. I was suggested to use this forum OR upgrade to premium for actual help.

After exhausting the support page I just upgraded. My note history shows my website activity and NOT my edits. Is that how its supposed to be?

I just want my content back and a refund. 

I will try and start a ticket now. 

I switched to a new iPhone 7 and when I restored all info, everything in Evernote is gone.  All my notebooks have disappeared.  It seems the only way one can get any support is to upgrade membership, which is something I really don't want to do.  Please help!

Lost content in my notes. Saw several others having similar issues and getting resolved after paying, so upgraded by paying for premium, yet couldn't see the full history of my note...several dates are missing (i remember using/updating my notes, yet the history doesn't show up).
Now feel like cheated.

23 minutes ago, subeejit said:

Lost content in my notes. Saw several others having similar issues and getting resolved after paying, so upgraded by paying for premium, yet couldn't see the full history of my note...several dates are missing (i remember using/updating my notes, yet the history doesn't show up).
Now feel like cheated.

Have raised a ticket#1859136, I need my money back. If this is some kind of trick they are playing to make money, I should rather be moving elsewhere...cant risk my data in the hands of greedy people.

The fact that you have to buy into the premium plan in order to get support seems unreasonable.  You don't even have to option to email or chat with a support team unless you buy the upgrade.  Its unfortunate that I had to lose all my stored notes  to learn this lesson.  I'll be looking for another app that stands behind their product.  Very frustrating!!

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, tokam said:

I switched to a new iPhone 7 and when I restored all info, everything in Evernote is gone.  All my notebooks have disappeared.  It seems the only way one can get any support is to upgrade membership, which is something I really don't want to do.  Please help!

Changing devices shouldn't affect your account.

The master version of your data is maintained on the Evernote servers, and can be confirmed by logging into the web  platform at www.evernote.com

The  cause of "everything gone" is often the user using a different userid

There is enhansed support for paid accounts however Evernote has provided these forums for all account levels.

Hi,

I'm using Evernote Basic and I lost almost all of the content from one of my notes.
I wanted to send a support ticket but it seems like I need to subscribe to the premium plan to do it, am I wrong?

Please let me know how to try to recover the data...I already checked the trash and Evernote on other devices, but it's not there anymore :(

Thanks a lot,

Paolo

I have a note where I've been putting some ideas during the last 2 years. Now the newest note is from 2015 and all the notes from the past 9 months are gone. Any advice from the Evernote team what to do? Some have been upgrading to premium so they can post a ticket and then asking refund. Is that the way I should do too? Or is there any other way to report and fix this problem? Thanks!

Hi,
I'm using Evernote free and I lost almost all of the content inside one of my notes.
Is there a way for free users to send a support ticket and get help? I already checked the trash and Evernote on other devices, but the content is not there anymore :( 

Thanks a lot,

Paolo

Hi @paul0407 & @Oujei,

Please open a support ticket and include a copy of the activity log from the device you last used to access the note in question. If it's determined that it was the Evernote application that caused the note content to be lost, our team can help temporarily upgrade your account so you can access Note History. Feel free to post your ticket numbers here and I can grab those tickets.

42 minutes ago, amanda_h said:

Hi @paul0407 & @Oujei,

Please open a support ticket and include a copy of the activity log from the device you last used to access the note in question. If it's determined that it was the Evernote application that caused the note content to be lost, our team can help temporarily upgrade your account so you can access Note History. Feel free to post your ticket numbers here and I can grab those tickets.

Hi Amanda,
thanks a lot for your reply. My ticket number is 1862179.

Thanks a lot,
Paolo

On 12/10/2016 at 4:34 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  There's no trick,  but it may take a day or two for you to get more than a ticket reference.

Well...the day or two is already over and hope you understand how it feels to lose one's important data then being put through these (like being held on to ransom)....
In a situation where every minute is vital and someone just casually asks you to wait for a day or two...Oh it needs first hand experience mate, only if you had some for yourself.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, subeejit said:

Oh it needs first hand experience mate, only if you had some for yourself.

I don't know about @gazumped, but I have lost data; many times, in different circumstances
In my situations I have prepared beforehand for the what-if cases (backups)

On 14/10/2016 at 2:59 AM, amanda_h said:

Hi @paul0407 & @Oujei,

Thanks Amanda,

My ticket number is #1864102

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, deenand said:

Same problem, incredibly upset. Been working on this note for a long time now. support ticket #1866941

Any help greatly appreciated. 

You've going the right route with the support ticket.

For a faster solution for data recovery, I rely on my personal backups, or the Note History feature.  Note History is a Premium Account feature, but it might be worth it to subscribe for one month

@DTLow I considered updating to premium for a month but I'm reading about people who wasted money upgrading and still couldn't get their notes recovered. 

Honestly I'm feeling pretty motivated to move my notes elsewhere as opposed to paying.

Hopefully this can get resolved soon.

Cheers

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, deenand said:

@DTLow I considered updating to premium for a month but I'm reading about people who wasted money upgrading and still couldn't get their notes recovered. 

Not sure what you read, but I can report that recovery via Note History has been very successful for me.

The only time it doesn't work is ironically when I've deleted the note - Note History also gets deleted.  For those cases, I turn to my personal backups

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 2016-11-30 at 2:51 PM, Firewoodman said:

I have also lost part of several notes. Strange. I am unable to do anything without buying a premium subscription, and I don't want to pay for premium just to get back what I have lost. Is there a way to get this resolved without having to upgrade? 

You might want to think about implementing a backup process for future incidents

Spent several hours working on a note last night and today it is missing.  Yes, I have a basic account.  Actually thought about buying a premium account until this happened. Frustrated...

Any employee I can email privately?

Thanks,
MR

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, MRMAR8 said:

Spent several hours working on a note last night and today it is missing.  Yes, I have a basic account.  Actually thought about buying a premium account until this happened. Frustrated...

Thanks,
MR

Hi.  This is (mainly) a user-supported forum.  We don't have any email addresses,  but if you can use Twitter you could try @EvernoteHelps for some assistance.  Depending on what device you were using,  and whether the note had been synced after your edits though,  the only remaining data may be stored on the device itself.  See the thread above for some general help comments,  and don't forget to check your Trash and any Conflicting Changes folder for possible copies.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, MRMAR8 said:

Thanks,
MR

If you review the posts in this discussion, you will see Evernote employees 

As to recovering your lost note content, I have posted about the success in using the Note History feature
You can subscribe for a month

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2016 at 3:47 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you lost part of a note:  note history,  and see above.  If you lost the whole note,  check the Trash folder,  and any device you may have connected to this account but not synced since the data went missing.

Similar experience. I am a free use and use Windows Program of Evernote (with sync frequency of 15 min). I experienced lost of some data in my note after I cut and paste some part of it into a new note (the data is text and a few images). I thought it moved everything initially and was doing something else. When I check couple minutes later, I see only some text that I moved and all the images are gone. Here I attach my activity log. I guess the time is after 7:00am on 01/17/17. It seems like the image cache are gone or something.
Is there any way to retrieve the lost data?

Cut activity log Evernote.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Evernote help!

I went to sign into my evernote last night and it kicked me out only to have me sign back in. When I did sign back in - all my notebooks /notes are all gone? 

I tried closing out and signing back in but all my data is still lost. I have tried to do a ticket - but it gets me to the end where they want me to save an activity log but I have nothing to attach the activity log to? I have no ticket number either?

can someone please assist me. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Csilla said:

When I did sign back in - all my notebooks /notes are all gone? 

The master copy of your notes is on the Evernote Servers and can be viewed using the Web Platform (www.evernote.com)

Very little data is maintained on mobile devices, it is retrieved from the servers on demand (exception for offline notebooks)

The usual cause of all data missing is using a userid/password for a different account

>>I have tried to do a ticket - but it gets me to the end where they want me to save an activity log but I have nothing to attach the activity log to? I have no ticket number either?

Was this via  User Settings > Support > Submit Support Request
I usually sumit the request then get a followup email with the ticket #
I reply to this email with the Activity Log

Hello, I updated my browser and since then do not have ANY of my notes visible when I log in to Evernote online. I can still see my notes from my phone so I know they are there. How do I restore functionality so I can use Evernote on my computer again?

• Level 5*
On 15/02/2017 at 2:47 PM, wanderose said:

Hello, I updated my browser and since then do not have ANY of my notes visible when I log in to Evernote online. I can still see my notes from my phone so I know they are there. How do I restore functionality so I can use Evernote on my computer again?

Hi.  There have been a number of posts on Chrome and Web issues,  most of which (I think) have been fixed.  Try clearing your browser cache.  If that doesn't work please confirm which browser you use and what's your OS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 06/03/2017 at 2:03 PM, ByVincentLegare said:

Ticket  #2037397 for the same problem with lost content...

Hi.  We're a mainly user-supported forum and I know you will have included this with your ticket details,  but for our information  please confirm which browser you use and what's your OS.   I flagged your post for an Admin to look at - maybe we can get an update.

Hi gazumped,

First, let me thanks you to answer my problem and for your further support.

I lost my note on my phone LG4 (Android). After that, I went on the computer to check out if my notes were there. Yes they were but outdated since two-three months.

Then I pay 10$ to get the Premium Version to see the all the old version of my notes. I didn't found them too...

Thanks again for your time and your help.

Vincent.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, ByVincentLegare said:

Then I pay 10$ to get the Premium Version to see the all the old version of my notes. I didn't found them too...

That would be using the Note History backup feature.  You should see your notes and history for any non-deleted notes.

Is it possible you weren't syncing your updates, or you deleted the notes and emptied the trash

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, samanthalemieux said:

I I went to my evernote this morning to find a notebook of YEARS of work entirely missing of all the notes within it.

Notebooks/Notes don't usuallly get "lost"
- a notebook can be deleted; the notes would then be moved to the Trash
Check the web platforms (www.evernote.com)  to see if you simply have a device problem
Make sure you use the correct userid/passord

1. Try doing a search for one of the notes to see if they just got located elsewhere
  2. Check the Trash to see if the notes were moved there
On 09/03/2017 at 3:43 PM, DTLow said:

That would be using the Note History backup feature.  You should see your notes and history for any non-deleted notes.

Is it possible you weren't syncing your updates, or you deleted the notes and emptied the trash

Hi DTLow,

The Note History backup feature seems to bring me somes notes I wrote in December but they are not updated as the ones that I lost in my cellphone. 

And no for your second question, I didnt delete my notes nor emptied the trash. The notes I lost are not in the trash.

As an Administrator, do you have the permission to send my notes back from a backup of your server ?

I pay for the Premium and I tried everything from this forum (not only this topic) and nothing is workin.

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my basic English..).

Vincent.

vincent-legare@hotmail.com

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, ByVincentLegare said:

As an Administrator, do you have the permission to send my notes back from a backup of your server ?

We're all user's here, so I can't do much to help you on this

As a paying user, you can contact support at Contact Evernote Support 

• 2 months later...

On 2016-07-31 at 2:44 PM, sethsacher said:

I usually use an Evernote Basic account from my iPhone, but recently accessed the account from the web (Windows, Chrome). I was having issues loading a particular note (only the first bit of content was present), and on refresh I continued to have the issue. I accessed the note on my phone to see the same issue, and eventually realized that the large majority of my content in this note was completely deleted. In searching the Evernote support pages, the closest help I came across was https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314448, which requested I "Select 'Report data loss' in the 'What can we help with?' field on the support ticket form," an option which doesn't exist. It and other pages suggested getting an Activity Log, which I was unfortunately unable to figure out from the web platform, or checking the version history, which I do not have access to as a Evernote Basic user.

Can anyone recommend a path forward? The content I lost is one of the most important running documents I have (started last April) and I would be seriously set back by losing all of this information.

On 2016-07-31 at 3:05 PM, sethsacher said:

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with one of my oldest notes missing most of it's content. Is upgrading to premium the only way to get the information back? Will I be able to receive a refund for this?

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, mcater said:

I am having the same issue with one of my oldest notes missing most of it's content. Is upgrading to premium the only way to get the information back?

Personally, I have my own data backups; however you have to set this up in advance

>>Will I be able to receive a refund for this?

You're posting in a user discussion forum. Thats a question for Evernote Support
My opinion is no, however Evernote does have a refund policy

Archived