Feature Request: Subject Date for notes

DTLow

Idea

• Level 5*

This field has long existed for notes.

The Windows client allows the date to be added as a column, and used for sorting.
The Mac client allows the date to be updated and viewed, but only by using AppleScript.

The request is to allow the subject date to be updated/viewed/sorted on all platforms.
It should default to note creation date unless manually changed.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Phil Libin and Dave Engberg frequently mentioned they were working on a similar unused field that would become a "Due Date" field. It caught my attention back in early 2010. I tracked the progress for 4 more years, but finally gave up when they switched direction and released the (in my opinion) bizzarre reminder feature.

Search Code 47ER92

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/94112-evernote-discussion-forums-do-you-use-forum-tags/#comment-396510

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

Phil Libin and Dave Engberg frequently mentioned they were working on a similar unused field that would become a "Due Date" field. It caught my attention back in early 2010. I tracked the progress for 4 more years, but finally gave up when they switched direction and released the (in my opinion) bizzarre reminder feature.

For Due Date, I gave up waiting and simply use Reminder Date
I also have no use for the Reminder feature and would like the option to remove the section from the sidebar

• Level 5
9 hours ago, DTLow said:

For Due Date, I gave up waiting and simply use Reminder Date

To create a Due Date & Time, I modify the Created Date.

Phil Libin made fun of people who have a created date in the future, but it works for me.

Archived