How to force a blue title bar to appear...?

You know that blue title bar that's created when merging two notes? Well, I rather like the thing, and (via copy/paste) use them as section headers within a single note...a lot.

Currently, that means saving one note as a template of sorts, then continually referring back to it for copying, then back to the current note for pasting. 

My questions:

1. Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut (or even AppleScript) to insert one without having to use copy/paste? 
  2. Is it possible to change the color from blue to something else, if desired?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. Oddball question, but these blue bars make searching for topic sections soooooo easy within a long note.

Buehler? Buehler? Buehler? 

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 2.40.44 PM.png

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, PaperQueen said:

You know that blue title bar that's created when merging two notes? Well, I rather like the thing, and (via copy/paste) use them as section headers within a single note...a lot.

Currently, that means saving one note as a template of sorts, then continually referring back to it for copying, then back to the current note for pasting. 

My questions:

1. Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut (or even AppleScript) to insert one without having to use copy/paste? 
  2. Is it possible to change the color from blue to something else, if desired?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. Oddball question, but these blue bars make searching for topic sections soooooo easy within a long note.

There's an entire discussion on how terrible those separators are.

If you can do a mockup of what you'd like, I'll work on an applescript to generate it.
edited: My project is documented here

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PaperQueen said:

Interesting to see different user opinions.  I think this is the first that I've seen in support of the big separator.  No idea if the Mac has this, but in case it might, the latest Windows beta now has merge header options.  FYI, in case Mac has something similar.

merge-options.jpg

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

There's an entire discussion on how terrible those separators are.

If you can do a mockup of what you'd like, I'll work on an applescript to generate it.

Yup---I'm a rebel. ;)

THANK YOU, @DTLow for offering to help; it's truly appreciated. Here's a public link to a mock up note just created. Since each note has its own requirements (i.e., the number of blue bars, the numeral used on each, section heading, etc.), it would be great to have a keyboard shortcut that inserted what you see explained at the bottom of the note, in red.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/88100a01-dcd0-405f-be54-2f9f8426e5fc/4440aeccb228f62e

Fingers crossed that this can be done....

• Level 5*
On July 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM, PaperQueen said:

THANK YOU, @DTLow for offering to help; it's truly appreciated. Here's a public link to a mock up note just created. Since each note has its own requirements (i.e., the number of blue bars, the numeral used on each, section heading, etc.), it would be great to have a keyboard shortcut that inserted what you see explained at the bottom of the note, in red.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s36/sh/88100a01-dcd0-405f-be54-2f9f8426e5fc/4440aeccb228f62e

Completed - My project is documented here with the Applescript 

I didn't get clever with the html code for the "blue title bar"; I just copied it directly from your sample.

@DTLow, you're a rock star!

And I'm an idiot. How, exactly, do I make this usable in EN? I can't for the life of me figure this out (it's been a looooong time since I monkeyed with Applescript). Everything tried thus far bangs me into a wall. :unsure:

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PaperQueen said:

@DTLow, you're a rock star!

And I'm an idiot. How, exactly, do I make this usable in EN? I can't for the life of me figure this out (it's been a looooong time since I monkeyed with Applescript). Everything tried thus far bangs me into a wall. :unsure:

You have to copy the script file to your Mac
The official Script Menu location is Users/<your machine>/Library/Scripts/Applications/Evernote
but to start  - just copy the script file somewhere; your desktop is fine

Double click on the script file to launch the script editor app
- First thing, you should go to Preferences Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 5.24.12 PM.png
  in the General tab at the bottom is Script Menu
  Check the box to Show Script Menu to the Menu Bar
This gives you an S icon in your upper Menu Bar to make it easy to launch scripts

Launch Evernote, and select a note
Run the script, either via script menu or the run button in the Script Editor app

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 4.25.08 PM.png     Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 4.24.20 PM.png

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, PaperQueen said:

@DTLow...still rock star status in my book.:)

Hopefully, this doesn't push too far, but...is it possible to tweak the script so the insertion occurs at the cursor location (as opposed to the bottom of the note)? 

Here's where my status is going to suffer  :mellow:

The command I used was      append theNote html newText
Unfortunately, here is no    "insert"  function

You can play with it
Maybe tweak the code to copy into the clipboard
and then tell  System Events to perform a paste

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Here's where my status is going to suffer  :mellow:

No suffering, I assure you. Still a rock star. 

I'll monkey around with a copy of the script---no telling what might occur, but if it's any good, I'll share it here. 

Archived