I cannot create links any more

• Level 5

Hello,

with version 6.8 for the Mac it is not possible any more to add links. When I have a URL in the paste buffer Cmd-K does not work and the context menu entries are grayed out as you can see in the screen shot below. The only workaround is to copy the URL directly into the note and change the text afterwards. This is a key feature of Evernote and I wonder how this version got through the release test. But this seems to be a general problem of Evernote.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-30 um 10.26.40.png

And I just found another annoying BUG: When I want to change the URL of an existing link the text of the link changes to the URL and I have to manuall change the text again. What the hell is happening? I am quite frustrated.

• Level 5*

Hrm... Mine has "add" enabled when I highlight a word, so it works on the English version.

Does this happen when you create a new note in a notebook you own? I am wondering if there a permission issue on that note - i.e. was it created by someone else and shared with you and you don't have edit permission.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Stuhrer said:

Yes, it happens with new notes as well. And when I change an existing link's URL the link text is changed into the URL. Quite annoying.

submit a help ticket. It is either something peculiar to your install, or with the language you are using, unless someone else pipes in here with the same issue. But mine is working fine. 6.8 on El Capitan.

• Level 5
On 7/30/2016 at 11:33 PM, EdH said:

submit a help ticket. It is either something peculiar to your install, or with the language you are using, unless someone else pipes in here with the same issue. But mine is working fine. 6.8 on El Capitan.

OK, thank you.

On 30/07/2016 at 9:16 PM, Stuhrer said:

Yes, it happens with new notes here as well. And when I change an existing link's URL the link text is changed into the URL. Quite annoying.

Same thing here, driving me nuts to be honest. You found any solution?

Archived