Add note either missing or not working

Having paid to upgrade Evernote for windows from free, I discover that the vauablle and essential Add New Note button is  missing. I went through the help forum, and added it manually to the toolbar. It does't work. Click the button, as  many times as you like, and lo and behold - there is no new note.

This a a downgrade, not an upgrade. I''ve paid for a lesser program. I would appreciate your explaining how to fix this problem, or how to negotiate a refund and return to the free offrering that at least worked properly.

Steven Thomas

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, elterry said:

Having paid to upgrade Evernote for windows from free, I discover that the vauablle and essential Add New Note button is  missing. I went through the help forum, and added it manually to the toolbar. It does't work. Click the button, as  many times as you like, and lo and behold - there is no new note.

Weird... but I don't see how upgrading would have affected this.  Maybe an update to a new version?

I'll assume you have done the usual exit and restart, or reboot, or even reinstall?  The add new note can either open a new note within the main application window, or a separate new window.  There is an option setting for this.  Is it possible that new note windows are being opened but you are not seeing them because they are behind other windows?  If you use the EN hot key sequence to add a new note, does that work?  

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, elterry said:

This a a downgrade, not an upgrade. I''ve paid for a lesser program. I would appreciate your explaining how to fix this problem, or how to negotiate a refund and return to the free offrering that at least worked properly.

This is more like a bug than a downgrade (i.e., they didn't remove this feature intentionally -- why have the button at all then?). New Note works fine for me. Does Ctrl+N work? Should do the same thing.

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Nothing would produce a new note, no hotkeys, nothing.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works okay now. Not impressed, it happened after the most recent Evernote software 'upgrade'.

This has happened with Onenote, which is why I switched to Evernote. It shouldn't have happened, I'm using Windows 10, everything as it should be. 

But thanks for the suggestions.

El Terry 

Archived