Jump to content

(Archived) Can't open notes...


b15fliptop

Recommended Posts

Every time I try to open notes in a particular folder, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't declare any more prefixes in this context

Notes in other folders work fine. I tried renaming the folder on the desktop and syncing, and no luck. Same error.

Any ideas?

Link to post

Same issue... only on a couple notes that were created on my Macbook AFTER upgrading to latest version. now when opening on my Googly Android 2.1 Nexus 1, they give me this error message...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't declare any more prefixes in this context

Tried to delete the notes and recreate, same issue. Tried to uninstall re-install on mobile, and on mac (same versions), same issue. Tried yelling at my computer AND my phone, same issue. Tried a peanut butter sandwich. Less hungry, but problem still existed.

**UPDATE 04/10/2010 7:21PM MST**

SOLVED THIS ISSUE. Uninstalled Evernote 1.8 off my Macbook, installed 1.7.2. Synced to Android, still broken. Deleted the affected notes, recreated, and then synced to my Nexus 1. They opened without the error.

This seems to point to Evernote 1.8. Any messages created or edited in 1.8 cause the java error when opening on (so far) Google Nexus 1 (Android 2.1), HTC Dream (Android 1.0), and HTC Magic+ (Android 2.1) with latest versions of Android mobile.

God I wanna be an Evernote developer. I'd rock :) And I'm available. Quick, snap me up before Google does.

Link to post
Every time I try to open notes in a particular folder, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't declare any more prefixes in this context

I'm having the same issue with notes I've created recently. Help!

Thanks for such a great product.

Link to post

If you are seeing this IllegalStateException when you try to open a note on the Android after creating/editing notes in either our Mac client version 1.8.0 or the Windows client 3.5.3, please open a support inquiry at the bottom of:

http://www.evernote.com/about/contact/support/

We believe that the new note style improvements on the desktop clients may be confusing the Android client, but aren't sure which specific issue. So we'll want a little help to see what type of note is causing the issue.

Link to post

In general, it's not safe to use one version for a while and then try to go back to a previous version. The client may change the local database and search indices in a way that wouldn't work properly if you tried to run an older version of the software.

Link to post

Well Dave when the new version / build is inherently FLAWED and you can't create or edit messages on it without it crashing your phone? I guess SOMETHING has to be done.

Going back to an older version is NEVER ideal, but when a product like Evernote becomes part of my personal and corporate life like it has? I have no choice but to do what I can to make it work.

I have literally HUNDREDS of notes in multiple notebooks, and reverting back one build created no problems for me. Of course your mileage may vary. Mine didn't.

Link to post

Evernote is also important to my work now too. I just fell back to the 1.72 version on the Mac, re-entered the last few notes I'd made (since the Mac upgrade) and everything is working fine again. I think I'll wait until 1.81 before switching back.

Link to post

Many thanks for the mobile link, that will do for now, but cannot go back to 1.72 as too many notes since 1.8.... I guess could copy and paste, but figuring out modified notes would be a pain. Please fix quick!

Thanks,

Dave

Mac v 1.8.1

Android v 1.3 70553

Link to post

Thanks again for the reports. The root of the problem appears to be a dependency in the OS that we're relying on that we need to throw out and replace with something else. This is bigger than it should be (it affects more things than we'd like), so we're still in the early testing phases of our solution. We're hoping to have the fix out, soon, however. (My primary phone is a Droid, so I hear you...)

Thanks

Link to post

After a month of my workflow being goofed up due to this bug, I took the advice of others and downgraded to 1.72. I then opened each note created since mid-march, and made slight changes- say, an extra space at the end, etc. Now it's happily syncing to my Droid, and my blood pressure is considerably lower.

Link to post

I'm also looking forward to a solution to this problem — QUICKLY. I used to use Evernote on my Droid all the time. Now, I'm thinking that I shouldn't have told everyone how handy it was. Added bonus: This error started popping up when my master's project was due. That wasn't so fun.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...