Newbie: Problems with formatting

I just started using and love the potential of Evernote.  I have Windows PCs, but my phone and tablet are Android.

I have noticed that when I share articles to Evernote, many of them do not translate well.  What I mean is that in Evernote, they are poorly formatted, to the point that they cannot be easily read. (lines overlap, etc)  I'm trying to make Evernote my go-to (I use Instapaper a lot.) because of its potential and features, but Instapaper's formatting beats Evernote hands down.  All my articles are very well downloaded and easily read.

Can anyone please help?

Hello @PastorHSS,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. In order to better assist you with this, please provide a link to some of the URL's that you have clipped. From there I will do some testing on my end and we can see what could be throwing the formatting off.

Thanks!

Hello @PastorHSS,

Thank you for the link and I was able to duplicate this on my end as well from both Android using the "Add to Evernote" option and the Evernote Web Clipper in Chrome. It appears to have something to do with how the pages formatting is being read by the Clipper. We are going to look into this on our end. Please be sure to let us know if you encounter this with any other website.

Thanks!

Hi Matt:

I look forward to the resolution of this issue.

I also just discovered something else. For some reason, clippings I send to Evernote don't show on my Windows 10 Desktop, but do on my Android tablet and smartphone.  Any suggestions?

Blessings to you.

Hey @PastorHSS,

It is great to hear back from you. Since the clipping do not appear on your Windows 10 PC, but do on your mobile devices, please make sure to check these items:

• Make sure that your content appears on the Evernote website when you log in.
  • Sometimes people will have two Evernote accounts without realizing it, so make sure that you are logged into the same account on your PC that you are on your Android tablet and smartphone.
  • Check to see if you are having a sync error on your Evernote application on your PC. This will often appear as a red exclamation point over the sync icon in the Evernote application.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Archived