Updated Feature Comparison?

I need help finding an up to date feature comparison between the desktop and web versions. The only information I found was an old post, which I assume has outdated information. I'm trying to avoid installing programs on my desktop unless there's a feature that I absolutely need. Also, if there happens to be an official guide on how to completely prevent the desktop version of evernote and any related functionality from running in the background, I'd be very interested, especially if the changes can persist after installing updates.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well,  I don't think there's a comparison in detail between the web version and the installed desktop versions because 1) there are two web versions,  a 'classic' and a new version,  and their capabilities vary depending on which browser you're using. Chrome seems to have a more flexible underlying code than does Firefox for instance.  These two links will give you some ideas...

Welcome to Evernote Web

Welcome to the new Evernote Web 

If you don't install the desktop application it won't run or update in the background,  and you won't need (or be invited) to update because you don't have any code installed.

I would say that it's a risky process,  because anything you have stored in the system will be on Evernote's system with no backup anywhere else.  If you're comfortable with that,  then fine;  but the web version (AFAIK) has no way to export notes so that you could move to another service if necessary.

The other products are compared at length here - Which Evernote product is right for me?

On 26/07/2016 at 4:45 AM, AbeG said:

Also, if there happens to be an official guide on how to completely prevent the desktop version of evernote and any related functionality from running in the background, I'd be very interested, especially if the changes can persist after installing updates.

To stop the desktop version running in the background when not in use, just un-tick the option to launch at Windows login

ScreenClip[1].jpg

Archived