Open specific note upon Windows startup

Greetings to the Evernote Community!

Long time listener, first-time caller here. I searched around to no avail so I find the need to ask directly:

Is there any ability to have a specific note open upon the startup of windows that can be automated via a batch file into the Startup folder or scheduled via Task Scheduler? Idea is to have a specific note I work and reference from on a daily basis that I would like to automate to pop-up on my desktop with minimal effort. Right now the best I can do is having said note on my shortcuts bar.

Kind Regards,

Kyle

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kyleweisenberg said:

Greetings to the Evernote Community!

Long time listener, first-time caller here. I searched around to no avail so I find the need to ask directly:

Is there any ability to have a specific note open upon the startup of windows that can be automated via a batch file into the Startup folder or scheduled via Task Scheduler? Idea is to have a specific note I work and reference from on a daily basis that I would like to automate to pop-up on my desktop with minimal effort. Right now the best I can do is having said note on my shortcuts bar.

Kind Regards,

Kyle

You can create a shortcut to the desktop in a few steps.

1. Right click on the note and Ctrl-click on Copy Note Link
  2. Go to your desktop and right click, then select New - Shortcut
  3. Paste the note link into the shortcut, then Next and title the shortcut.
  4. Go to Tools - Options - Navigation and make sure Open note links from other applications in a new window is not checked (so the note doesn't open in its own window).

Now whenever you double click the icon you just created EN will open to that note.  If EN is already open then double clicking will also go to that note, not much benefit there since you already have a shortcut, but just so you know.

• Level 5*

I had forgotten about ENScript, but you can do that, provided you can uniquely identify the note you want using an Evernote search. You could do that using a special tag that you use only on your startup note, let's creatively call the tag "MyStartupNote". Then your shortcut command would look something like this:

<path to Evernote executable directory>\ENScript.exe /q "tag:MyStartupNote"

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, jefito said:

I had forgotten about ENScript, but you can do that, provided you can uniquely identify the note you want using an Evernote search. You could do that using a special tag that you use only on your startup note, let's creatively call the tag "MyStartupNote". Then your shortcut command would look something like this:

<path to Evernote executable directory>\ENScript.exe /q "tag:MyStartupNote"

Out of interest, would intitle:"name of my start up note" work as well?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Out of interest, would intitle:"name of my start up note" work as well?

Yes, intitle: search would work as well (I tried it), The key is to uniquely identify a note via standard Evernote search query. Of course, if you wanted to start up with a list of notes that satisfied the query, then there's no harm in that.

Archived