Jump to content

Keep getting "Evernote XML Error 3"


Recommended Posts

Ever since I upgraded to the paid version two weeks ago, I've been periodically getting popup messages that say:

The operation couldn't be completed. 
(Evernote XML Error error 3.)

I haven't seen any lost work or specific sync errors -- although that doesn't mean it's not happening, just that this error doesn't provide enough info to let me know where to look. It's mostly just annoying and causes me to lose confidence in using Evernote. Often the error will pop up four or five times in quick succession and then not show up again for days.

I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.11.5, using Evernote app version 6.7.1.

Note: this happens on TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS (each with the same setup, same versions, etc.)

So...

(A) Has anyone else in here seen this problem?

(B) Is there even the faintest chance that someone from Evernote will look into this and fix it?

evernote-xml-error3.png

Link to post
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Blork said:

I've been periodically getting popup messages that say:

The operation couldn't be completed. 
(Evernote XML Error error 3.)

....Is there even the faintest chance that someone from Evernote will look into this and fix it?

I haven't experienced that.

I would suggest opending a support ticket.  There's a link below in my signature section.

Link to post
  • Evernote Staff
On 7/20/2016 at 9:13 AM, Blork said:

Ever since I upgraded to the paid version two weeks ago, I've been periodically getting popup messages that say:

The operation couldn't be completed. 
(Evernote XML Error error 3.)

I haven't seen any lost work or specific sync errors -- although that doesn't mean it's not happening, just that this error doesn't provide enough info to let me know where to look. It's mostly just annoying and causes me to lose confidence in using Evernote. Often the error will pop up four or five times in quick succession and then not show up again for days.

I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.11.5, using Evernote app version 6.7.1.

Note: this happens on TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS (each with the same setup, same versions, etc.)

So...

(A) Has anyone else in here seen this problem?

(B) Is there even the faintest chance that someone from Evernote will look into this and fix it?

evernote-xml-error3.png

Hi @Blork;

Thanks for reporting this to us! If you already have an open ticket, would you please post the number here? I'd like to follow up on it and look into this.

Also, if you haven't already, please try applying the latest EN Mac update (version 6.8) and let me know if you continue to receive the error message.

 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005257

 

I look forward to your response!

  • Like 1
Link to post

BSR, I did submit a support ticket. The suggested fix was a clean reinstall, which I did. So far so good. It's only been a couple of days, but I haven't seen the error message since I did that.

Link to post
  • Evernote Staff
23 hours ago, Blork said:

BSR, I did submit a support ticket. The suggested fix was a clean reinstall, which I did. So far so good. It's only been a couple of days, but I haven't seen the error message since I did that.

@Blork Glad to hear it. Thanks for letting me know!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...