Evernote Android App Rewrites Notes

Any time I edit a note using the Android app it puts random hard returns throughout the entire note. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to where it puts the hard returns. Sometimes it puts them between every line and then other times it puts them only between some lines on the bottom half of the note that wasn't edited. This is two examples there are many variations I've seen it do. Can we please get this fixed, because the only way to fix it means I have to go to the desktop app and fix the note. This basically makes using the Android app pointless if I'm going to have to go to the desktop to make sure my notes are formatted properly.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think anyone else is suffering from this.  Please exit,  uninstall and restart / reinstall the app on your system.  What device are you using?  What Android version and do you have an external keyboard?

Sorry for the delay, just saw that you responded. I'll try uninstalling, restart, and reinstall and report back if it continues to happen. I'm using a fairly new Sony Xperia Z4 Android Tablet running version 6.0.1. I'm not using an external keyboard.

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I don't see signatures for anyone. I also couldn't find a setting that would unhide signatures. So can you either post the link in your next post or tell me how to see signatures. Thanks!

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, NicCrockett said:

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I don't see signatures for anyone. I also couldn't find a setting that would unhide signatures. So can you either post the link in your next post or tell me how to see signatures. Thanks!

Check out our Knowledge Base. View our Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request.

Archived