Pissed off at Removed Features and Changes

Hi,

I'm having a stressful afternoon and it is exacerbated by several changes that have occurred to evernote, that finally convinced me to sign into the forum and vent. I'm been a paid subscriber for 3-4 years. I'm not a power user that uses all the features, just someone that wants a reliable note program that allows me to find the info I want, when I want it without having to figure out which hoops I need to now jump through to be able to do what used to be straightforward.

#1. Forward and Back Buttons. Whoever decided to remove these by default needs to be written up. Yes I'm aware that they can be brought back. No I don't think that that mitigates their removal

#2. There used to be an easy way to see the time stamp for creation and last edited. It appears to no longer be easy. I have spent several minutes looking for this to no avail. Seriously. Not. Cool. Whose ideas was this??????

#3. I'm a paying customer and whatever features you are adding, beyond additional capacity for number of syncable notebooks, I don't seem to be using. However, the things you have removed have really PISSED ME OFF!!!

Thx.

Irate Canadian.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, T_S_O said:

#1. Forward and Back Buttons. Whoever decided to remove these by default needs to be written up. Yes I'm aware that they can be brought back. No I don't think that that mitigates their removal

FWIW these were not removed for everyone.  I don't know why the toolbar changed for some but it didn't change for all.  Mine was unchanged during the update.

5 hours ago, T_S_O said:

#2. There used to be an easy way to see the time stamp for creation and last edited. It appears to no longer be easy. I have spent several minutes looking for this to no avail. Seriously. Not. Cool. Whose ideas was this??????

Yes there was a lot of discussion on this one earlier.  EN initially removed both from view.  They eventually put one date back and you can select whether you want created date or updated date to be always visible.  It is above the editor toolbar on the right.  You can still view both using the info button.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, T_S_O said:

#1: You're right, the forward and back toolbar buttons are easy to bring back (you can also use Alt+LeftArrow and Alt+RightArrow to perform the same operations). It's possible that they removed them from the Default toolbar because they've measured that they're not being used. But they're still there, and presumably they'll stick across updates (though I don't know that for sure)

#2: I just click on the note info toolbar button, and those pieces of information are  shown, among others. I don't know any way to make that information visible all  the time, unless you want to use a list view.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, T_S_O said:

Hi,

I'm having a stressful afternoon and it is exacerbated by several changes that have occurred to evernote, that finally convinced me to sign into the forum and vent. I'm been a paid subscriber for 3-4 years. I'm not a power user that uses all the features, just someone that wants a reliable note program that allows me to find the info I want, when I want it without having to figure out which hoops I need to now jump through to be able to do what used to be straightforward.

#3. I'm a paying customer and whatever features you are adding, beyond additional capacity for number of syncable notebooks, I don't seem to be using. However, the things you have removed have really PISSED ME OFF!!!

Thx.

Irate Canadian.

Even though I do understand frustration when it comes to features being removed, but having features moved/altered is something you just have to learn to live with.

When software and hardware change with the times, there will always be a small learning curve. If there isn't, the developers would always be bound by decisions which were made a long time ago.

Like with the new options UI in the latest beta, which will reset some of your earlier custom preferences due to a necessary code change.

It's also a myth that software UI is "intuitive". I remember people complained when Microsoft moved the Shutdown button from the Start menu to the charms bar in Windows 8. People said it wasn't intuitive. They however didn't see the irony in that people new to Windows 95 complained/made fun of that it wasn't intuitive that a shutdown sequence had to be initialized by first pressing a "start" button.

Not so much replying to this but venting on my own and breaking up

First off I really do plan to blast this out to  as many internet outlets that I can, the reason for this is that I've been a user of both Evernote and Penultimate, I've even paid for Penultimate because I loved the product so much and I've been a user since 2011, when this App was just a bay

I do tech support and work on projects for several companies and everywhere I have gone I have touted the benefits of using Evernote and was please when Evernote was able to play in the business world

Since my use of Evernote was just to have a quick note that I could write on one device and then have that note shared on all my devices was just a small miracle to me and I was just fine with the space limit

While I do understand that Evernote is a company I am disappointed in the upcoming pricing structure  which comes to an all or nothing situation 

Frankly for me $34.99 per year is WAY too much for this service. I'd never use 1G of data that is what I use my WDCloud for Evernotes is for ... well notes

I'm more than willing to pay for maybe 120mb space, have the use of all my devices for $5.99 per year  

I'm more than certain you could get a lot of people at that price point

I'm sure this has been all hashed out

So since I touted how great the App has been then I think it only fair that I speak on how crazy the pricing is and maybe it's not such a great product

I really wish the new pricing was better thought out.. I'll really miss you

• Level 5*
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 10:58 PM, Kym said:

Not so much replying to this but venting on my own and breaking up

First off I really do plan to blast this out to  as many internet outlets that I can, the reason for this is that I've been a user of both Evernote and Penultimate, I've even paid for Penultimate because I loved the product so much and I've been a user since 2011, when this App was just a bay

I do tech support and work on projects for several companies and everywhere I have gone I have touted the benefits of using Evernote and was please when Evernote was able to play in the business world

Since my use of Evernote was just to have a quick note that I could write on one device and then have that note shared on all my devices was just a small miracle to me and I was just fine with the space limit

While I do understand that Evernote is a company I am disappointed in the upcoming pricing structure  which comes to an all or nothing situation 

Frankly for me $34.99 per year is WAY too much for this service. I'd never use 1G of data that is what I use my WDCloud for Evernotes is for ... well notes

I'm more than willing to pay for maybe 120mb space, have the use of all my devices for $5.99 per year  

I'm more than certain you could get a lot of people at that price point

I'm sure this has been all hashed out

So since I touted how great the App has been then I think it only fair that I speak on how crazy the pricing is and maybe it's not such a great product

I really wish the new pricing was better thought out.. I'll really miss you

Sure everyone can't afford to pay for Evernote, but to call $3/month crazy for a product that you say you have thought is good enough to recommend to several companies, is a bit ironic to me. If Evernote is as useful to you and others as you say it is, i bet it's actually worth much more than the last item you paid $3 for this month. And it's actually $25 for a year, since you have been with Evernote since 2011 and probably have no reason to leave within a year (except for the current subscription fee discussion).

Archived