Bigger Font in the Evernote Android App (Kindle Fire HD)

Hello,

so often i reading my saved news later with the Evernote Kindle Fire HD 10 Version.

Sometimes i wish a lager Font - i cant zoom in and zoom out with that app. Only in the Windows 10 Evernote Desktop Client i can change the Font.

Please look at the Screnshot, it is very hard to read some text :huh:

DSC_0660.JPG

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'd suspect the short answer is 'no' - not because this is especially difficult,  but the economics of altering the app for the current version of one particular device,  and avoiding the text appearing too large on other devices / other versions of this device don't look good (MHO - I could be,  and have been,  wrong!)

There may be accessibility apps for the Kindle that could magnify screens,  or maybe there are hardware settings to look at - maybe other users can advise..

On Google's Android you can change font sizes across apps in Settings/Display, which will get picked up by Evernote. But.. this affects all of your apps (well, most) so it may not be a satisfactory solution. I assume this will work on Amazon's version of Android too.

Unfortunately, Evernote has a many years long tradition of using small fonts and not giving users a way to change them on mobile..

On 9.7.2016 at 7:30 PM, Bob in NV said:

Unfortunately, Evernote has a many years long tradition of using small fonts and not giving users a way to change them on mobile..

That is realy bad :-(

• 8 months later...

With the Evernote app on my old Samsung Android tablet I was able to enlarge the text by zooming in, and the text would automatically realign to fit the screen. The app on my newer Fire will zoom in, but won't realign the text, which makes it really frustrating to read. I don't understand this. Are they not both the Android version?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, invisibleleadsoup said:

With the Evernote app on my old Samsung Android tablet I was able to enlarge the text by zooming in, and the text would automatically realign to fit the screen. The app on my newer Fire will zoom in, but won't realign the text, which makes it really frustrating to read. I don't understand this. Are they not both the Android version?

I'm a little surprised you were able to get the text to realign when you zoomed in before. I've been using Evernote on a Samsung Android phone for a couple of years, and have never been able to do this--zoom yes, realign no. There's a feature request in the Android Feedback forum for the ability to change font size:

But it would be great just to be able to zoom and have the text reflow.

On 15.3.2017 at 7:22 PM, invisibleleadsoup said:

Hi Dave, no - that is not the same Version! Android and Amazon App are little different. Because there are optimized for the Kindle Fire HD...

• Level 5

Ah, sorry, I was responding to this, from somebody else:

On 3/15/2017 at 2:22 PM, invisibleleadsoup said:

But what you're saying makes sense:

7 hours ago, secretnation said:

Hi Dave, no - that is not the same Version! Android and Amazon App are little different. Because there are optimized for the Kindle Fire HD...

For that reason, you might want to start a feature-request thread on the Android Feedback forum specifically asking for larger fonts on the Kindle; there's already a thread for general Android purposes.

Archived