Searching multiple tags

Hello all,

I'm on a Mac using Evernote and having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to search for multiple tags. I have done a search and did read a thread on here regarding this, but it won't seem to work. Let me explain my scenario:

I have several notebooks. One of which is Die Inventory (I'm a crafter). EVERY note in that notebook has the tag "Die". I also have a tag "Thank you" to show up my notes that have to do with "Thank you"

When I type in the search: tag:Die tag:Thank you, I get no results.

When I type in the search: tag:Die tag:Thank+you, I get no results.

I should get results, seeing as I do have notes in the notebook that have both those tags.

I have tried going to JUST the Die Inventory notebook, and clicking on the tag "Thank you", but I will get EVERY note I own that has that as a tag... when all I really want are notes in that particular notebook with that tag.

Any help is greatly appreciated. There has to be an easier way on a Mac to search for multiple tags.

Thank you,

Ted

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, TedM said:

Hello all,

I'm on a Mac using Evernote and having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to search for multiple tags. I have done a search and did read a thread on here regarding this, but it won't seem to work. Let me explain my scenario:

I have several notebooks. One of which is Die Inventory (I'm a crafter). EVERY note in that notebook has the tag "Die". I also have a tag "Thank you" to show up my notes that have to do with "Thank you"

When I type in the search: tag:Die tag:Thank you, I get no results.

When I type in the search: tag:Die tag:Thank+you, I get no results.

I should get results, seeing as I do have notes in the notebook that have both those tags.

I have tried going to JUST the Die Inventory notebook, and clicking on the tag "Thank you", but I will get EVERY note I own that has that as a tag... when all I really want are notes in that particul

How about   search: tag:Die tag:"Thank you" (in quotes)

As a retired programmer; I try to avoid spaces in my tag and notebook names

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, DTLow. :)

I'll give that a shot. And yes, you're right... I should go in and clean up my tags to get rid of spaces. Good advice!

Ted

Archived