Help before we have to move on

We have designed a system that seems to work for all of our franchise locations.  Not sure that it's the best design, but it worked (any advice to accomplish the same thing would be great).  We have each location purchase at least one Premium Acct and setup one free account.  The Prem account is used for most of the basic location data storage and accessed for things like maybe new employee forms (I-9s or W-4s) or weekly schedule.  Then the free account is used by the owner/manager to do anything from personal info to documents that they might not want to make available to everyone and/or working copies of a document.  Once a document needs to be shared, they could either email it to EN or move it in a shared folder.  Most of the owners, would access this account on: Home PC, Work PC, Phone and Tablet.  So this account will no longer work like that, which is somewhat core to our design.

We already have a huge price increase to justify, let alone trying to tell them to purchase another Prem account.  We have a large number of locations, but each is owned/operated independent, so there is no real way to try to work on a bulk type discount.

As it stands right now, I migrated a Personal Account over to ON, which went great, but that defeats the idea of a single type of interface.  So, if that is the direction we have to go then we will need to move the Business accounts also.  If anyone has an idea on how to use a single Prem account but keep private/personal information out of employee access, I'd like to hear their ideas.

There is a whole lot of discussion about "Freeloaders", which I think is unfair.  It's not like anyone is stealing anything, they are using a product that was given away and one of the main ways that EN got to be the size they are.  We personally started with a free account, learned, used it on many devices to make sure that it would work in the full environment.  Then migrated it to a full single location with 2 free accounts and tested.   Then Purchased a Prem account.  We then rolled it out to multiple locations in the same configuration.

EN was very stable in the early days, then sync issues started, they got worse, table formatting was awful and has not gotten much better.  We had no idea that there was a 250 folder limit.  We could go on and on, but the price vs. features was such that we all just lived with it and hoped each upgrade would get better.  Did anyone at EN ever think about allowing a single free account (with the same device access as before) for each Perm Account purchased, to allow information to be separated or to allow a Husband and Wife to maintain separate accounts while paying one fee?  My only experience and knowledge about EN as a company is my background of managing a $700+M software product line.  If EN plans to focus more on the Business side of the software platform, they will dramatically step up their problem resolution.  They are the only ones that can make a decision about the draw on their company of the free uses, vs conversion rate.

I for one will tell you that my younger employees who use basically one device for everything (ie their phone), would be very happy with a single free user.  While my businesses that have older employees, tend to use 3-4 devices.  For them reading much of anything on a small screen is almost impossible.  Hopefully the EN Prod Mgr considered all the types of users and then made their business decision.  If I can't solve our issue we will have to find some sort of solution.

Thanks for reading this long post and any help is greatly appreciated!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Checkout the Evernote Business stats here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247

Business isn't affected by the recent price changes,  and has ridiculously high limits on notes and notebooks.  You can manage everyone's access from one location,  and just hand out login/ membership details to each employee as they join the system.  Since central information is synced centrally you should ease the load on your various network connections too - for example your present system requires every single node to sync to download details of a new form.  Copies are kept everywhere.  If you switch to one business library to hold the forms,  you have and control the original,  and everyone else has access if and when they need it.

Not something you can get advice on in the forum,  but it may be worth talking to the sales team for more information...

• Level 5*
On July 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM, F-Stop said:

I for one will tell you that my younger employees who use basically one device for everything (ie their phone), would be very happy with a single free user.  While my businesses that have older employees, tend to use 3-4 devices. 

We can continue to use all our devices.  I added more details here

• Level 5*
On July 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM, F-Stop said:

We have designed a system that seems to work for all of our franchise locations.  Not sure that it's the best design, but it worked (any advice to accomplish the same thing would be great).  We have each location purchase at least one Premium Acct and setup one free account.  The Prem account is used for most of the basic location data storage and accessed for things like maybe new employee forms (I-9s or W-4s) or weekly schedule.  Then the free account is used by the owner/manager to do anything from personal info to documents that they might not want to make available to everyone and/or working copies of a document.  Once a document needs to be shared, they could either email it to EN or move it in a shared folder.  Most of the owners, would access this account on: Home PC, Work PC, Phone and Tablet.  So this account will no longer work like that, which is somewhat core to our design

The Premium tier seems to be overkill for this.  I would think the Plus tier is adequate.

Archived