(Archived) New version 1.8: text appears right, but kills line breaks!

israel.curtis

Idea

So i was happy to read that the latest 1.8 mac version includes text formatting improvements. I noticed immediately that copying and pasting formatted text from a web page certainly looked correct, but later discovered a problem with the text that now lived inside of evernote.

the original text on the web looked like this (minus syntax coloring, which evernote did preserve):

function pwn_headline() { // Your filter function must return true or false. If false, no headline will show. 
if (in_category('asides')) // Just an example here; you can set any condition you want.
return false;
else
return true;
}
add_filter('thesis_show_headline_area', 'pwn_headline');

When pasted into evernote 1.8, it looked *exactly* like it did on the webpage, with spacing and coloring (and visual line breaks) intact. But when I then retrieved the text from evernote and attempted to paste it into a text editor, I got this:

function pwn_headline() { // Your filter function must return true or false. If false, no headline will show.     if (in_category('asides')) // Just an example here; you can set any condition you want.         return false;     else         return true; } add_filter('thesis_show_headline_area', 'pwn_headline');

Note that if I copied from Safari and pasted into my text editor, the line breaks were preserved. Then if I pasted the plain-text from the editor to Evernote, I got the typical plain-text results (just in a non-monospaced font), with line breaks preserved.

This new text formatting behavior, while certainly better for visual representation, is NOT an improvement, and in fact renders the stored text unusable for anything other than reading in Evernote!

Anyone else seeing this?

3 replies to this idea

Archived