Can't share notebooks suddenly

I have Evernote Premium and until recently I could share notes with basic users just fine. Now (since the price changes presumably) I can't share new notebooks with basic users. I understand about the 2 device issue, this is not that. I've tried sharing a notebook in both web and Mac Desktop app and nothing happens. I go back and look and the user I added to share does not show in the notebook. Is this by system design or an error with the system? 

On 7/6/2016 at 11:56 AM, jasonyohon said:

I have Evernote Premium and until recently I could share notes with basic users just fine. Now (since the price changes presumably) I can't share new notebooks with basic users. I understand about the 2 device issue, this is not that. I've tried sharing a notebook in both web and Mac Desktop app and nothing happens. I go back and look and the user I added to share does not show in the notebook. Is this by system design or an error with the system? 

Hi @jasonyohon, welcome to the Forums!

You should be able to share with another user regardless of their account level. 

• How are you sharing these notebooks?
  • Are the recipients receiving the invite to join the notebook?

I would also have them check their Work Chats to see if the notebooks appear there. They will need to click on the notebook from there to make it appear in their account.

18 hours ago, gazumped said:

...just to add to the above,  if you're sharing to a new user,  they need to accept the share from an email invitation.  Is your share in their spam folder?

Hey there @gazumped, thanks for chiming in. Always appreciated.

If the user is an existing Evernote user and they click the notebook from the Work Chat, then they will not need to accept the email invitation to be joined to the notebook. However, if you find a user has still not joined the notebook (they will appear greyed out in the notebook permissions window described in the Share notebooks below), you have the option of sending an email reminder to that user to join that notebook in Evernote.

All of this can be managed from the Permissions menu for notes and notebooks. More info on note and notebook permissions here:

Share notes

Share notebooks

I hope that helps.

Archived