ENEX file a lot smaller

I try to backup my Evernote on a regular basis. I am going to migrate to Win 10, so thought I'd do another backup. I just backedup a month ago. Then, the ENEX file of the notebook I backed up was 1.4 GB. Today when I did a backup of the same notebook, it came to 820 KB. What changed? Why isn't it backing up as big anymore? On Options, I am choosing everything, though attachments isn't an option

• Level 5*

Haven't noticed any major changes,  but recent updates have involved "database upgrades" about which I must confess I know nothing.  It's conceivable that more compression has been built in to speed up operations,  but you'd need to raise a support request to get a more informed (and possibly more correct) answer...

I did not remove anything. This is the notebook I use to capture everything from conferences I attend. Most of the 903 items have a PDF attachment of the slide deck or abstract from a given conference. I could try importing the ENEX file in to make sure it has everything.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, notetakeingguy said:

I try to backup my Evernote on a regular basis. I am going to migrate to Win 10, so thought I'd do another backup. I just backedup a month ago. Then, the ENEX file of the notebook I backed up was 1.4 GB. Today when I did a backup of the same notebook, it came to 820 KB. What changed? Why isn't it backing up as big anymore? On Options, I am choosing everything, though attachments isn't an option

My suspicion is that you did not back up your full set of notes

I would check that by importing the enex file.  The notes will go into a new notebook.

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My suspicion is that you did not back up your full set of notes

I would check that by importing the enex file.  The notes will go into a new notebook.

Thanks for the reminder. It seems that was the case.

When I posted this, I had clicked on the notebook and gone to File, Export, and done it that way.

After reading the above message, I right clicked on the notebook and chose Export. It took a lot longer, showned the progress through all 903 notes, and the file size was the 1.4 GB I expected.

So it seems when I did File Export, it didn't grab the right notes.

Thanks for the prompt help.

Archived