Restored note but png didn't restore...

I deleted a note but then decided to keep it. I went to the Trash and clicked on Restore. The note was restored but the png that was part of the note was not. I would have thought that the WHOLE note would have been restored, not just the text. I am a bit frustrated.... Another problem. I have too much invested in Evernote to quit now but the 2 problems that I have encountered lately are not making me happy. I have another issue that I will be posting about separately. Thank you for any help, Judy

• Level 5*

Hi.  If the note had been around for a few hours at least before you deleted it,  and if you are a premium subscriber,  you should have access to Note History.  When a note is deleted the history goes with it,  but you may find something there if you have access. 

If the picture was a clip from a web page,  you may be able to use the URL to go back to the page and re-clip the image. 

Can't think of any other recovery options,  but this is clearly not good behaviour.  I'd certainly suggest raising a support request (again,  paid subscribers only) or a bug report (same link) so the developers can look at this.

Hi gazumped! Thank you for getting back to me. I am a Premium subscriber and looked at Note History (didn't know about it before this) and the note in question was not there. There were 2 from today and then it was back in March that there were a few more. Guess I will put in a support ticket. Thanks for the link. Judy

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, mrstucci said:

Thank you for getting back to me. I am a Premium subscriber and looked at Note History (didn't know about it before this) and the note in question was not there. There were 2 from today and then it was back in March that there were a few more.

Another interesting fact about Note History.  When notes are deleted (trashed), their note history is cleared out.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

When notes are deleted (trashed), their note history is cleared out.

Yeah,  I thought it might be the case that restoring a note would also bring the history back with it,  but clearly not.  Worth taking a look though...  ;)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Yeah,  I thought it might be the case that restoring a note would also bring the history back with it,  but clearly not. 

Another thing to know is that if you copy a note to a new note the history does not move to the new note.

Archived