Evernote view -if parameter matching filter changed, note is closed

In Evernote for Windows, I've searched for some particular MyKeyword, and the required note was shown. Then I wanted to move the phrase with MyKeyword from beginning to the end of the same note. I've cut the phrase and was going to paste it to new place. But the whole note disappeared.

It is not a good user experience.

In other example, I selected to view notes in particular notebook. As a part of editing note, I've changed the notebook and wanted to continue editing, but note was closed, and next note in the list was shown. It's very unexpected behavior.
Is it possible to fix the problem to give customer full control, when to close the note or switch to another one?

Btw, deleting now also done in an unexpected way. After deletion note stays opened, and only buttons Erase and Restore remind that the note has been deleted. It is confusing.
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, michael.freidgeim said:

In Evernote for Windows, I've searched for some particular MyKeyword, and the required note was shown. Then I wanted to move the phrase with MyKeyword from beginning to the end of the same note. I've cut the phrase and was going to paste it to new place. But the whole note disappeared.

Been there done that
Always do the paste before deleting the phrase matching the search criteria

edit: as per @csihilling     Don't make your changes in the search window; open your note in a separate window

At least you have the modification date updated so you can find the note
I've messed up and deleted tags; and lost track of a mass of notes

• Level 5*

Once you deleted the key phrase the note no longer satisfied the search criteria so it "disappeared".  In your second example if the search context was the particular notebook, changing the notebook also made it such the note didn't match the search criteria, so it "disappeared".  Moral of the story is either open the note in a new window or save the search altering change to the end.

Archived