Unable to copy and paste images, unable to use "Undo"

Copy/Cut & Paste images (pictures) still doesn't work? I've just tried to move picture from one note to another. It doesn't work. And if I cut image from first note, I can't get it back. Undo also doesn't work. Version for Windows 6.1.2.2292 (302292) Public. Something like that is basic feature of all Windows programs not something special ...

Hi @Mirtma65,

I haven't been able to reproduce either issue you are experiencing. Could you tell me a little more about how you are attempting to cut the image (using hotkey combo, the context menu, etc.)? Do you only experience problems with undo after cutting images or do you also experience a problem with text as well?

Hi @Yun Joonghyeon,

Thanks for providing the behavior you are seeing. I can reproduce this issue and reported this to our development team to fix. I'll post here when we believe this has been resolved. In the meantime, it appears that copying the file separately from the text should allow the file to be pasted correctly. 

I am still unable to reproduce the issue reported by @Mirtma65, however. If this continues to be an issue for anyone else, please provide additional details and I'll be happy to check this out.

@Yun Joonghyeon, we believe the issue you reported has been fixed and will be in the next update to the application. Thanks again for reporting this. If you continue to experience the issue after the next update, please let me know.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎7‎월 ‎8‎일 at 오전 0시 51분, kgg said:

@Yun Joonghyeon, we believe the issue you reported has been fixed and will be in the next update to the application. Thanks again for reporting this. If you continue to experience the issue after the next update, please let me know.

Thanks~ ^^

• 4 weeks later...

In my case (also 6.1.2.2292) if I highlight text plus an image in the browser and Copy, when I Paste into a new note the image is replaced by only the "Associated text" of the jpeg.

I can explicitly right-click on the image and "Copy Image", then past the image into a note.  That works ok.

Will the next update cover this too?   Thanks...

Hi @Lyle,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. When I copy and paste text with an image from a webpage in Chrome, the image and text are both pasted into the note. 

So that we can check this out, could you let me know if this happens regardless of the browser or webpage you are copying from? And just to make sure I'm fully understanding the issue, could you include a screenshot of what you are seeing in the note when you paste the content? If you can include a link to the webpage you are pasting from that would be helpful too. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi! I am also not being able to copy an image from a web site (Chrome) and paste it directly into my notes. I used to be able to do this until last week. I am having to save the file, and attach it manually. Please let me know how to fix this. I am using Windows 10.

For example: I try to copy images from Google and paste directly but get nothing. I have tried several images from many web sites (using Chrome) and am still unable to paste into a note. I have tried right clicking "Copy Image" and paste and it doesn't work. Tried dragging image and still doesn't work.

Hi @muchado14,

The ability to paste images has been temporarily disabled in Evernote Web. Since not all browsers handle copied and pasted images in the same way, we discovered that in some cases (primarily in Chrome on Windows) images that were pasted displayed in the note body but were not actually saved to the note and instead were linked to the note. This resulted in the loss of the image when the linked file was removed. To prevent this type of loss, the paste functionality was disabled in Evernote Web. We do hope to bring this feature back but I don't currently have a timeline for when this will be available. In the meantime, we recommend dragging and dropping an image into a note or using the attachment icon to manually attach the image.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Same problem here. Not sure, but I think it happens when files get too big and there are too many pictures in it. They just seem to disappear after pasting them...

* I am using the application that's installed on my computer

• 11 months later...

Archived