(Archived) Advice on using multiple accounts

Apart from the formatting issue I am a big fan of Evernote. I use it for my IT Business as well as my poetry and would like to use it for some other projects. Problem I am running into is organisational. At present I have two premium accounts and one free account. BUt I have to log into and out of the accounts several times a day which makes it a bit of a pain.

I see from the forums that despite it being a quite popular feature people would like there are no plans for sub-notebooks or even the ability to create binders to store notebooks in.

My poetry evernote has five different notebooks for poems at different stages of writing and publishing, I dont really want to mix these up with the twenty notebooks in my IT business account or my recipe account.

So does anyone have any suggestions on just how to manage multiple projects?

I use one account for everything. There's no reason you can't combine your poetry & recipes into one account, other than you simply don't want to. You can have up to 100 notebooks, so you can retain the 31 notebooks you currently have. The only thing I see that may justify two accounts (using your examples) would be having work notes separate from personal notes. I don't have that need but I do keep my work notes & work emails in different notebooks from personal notes. But if you are often in a situation where you're looking up work notes with customers/co-workers/managers looking over your shoulder, I would probably use a separate account for work, since I would prefer not to have say, invoices for work done on our home, show up in that situation.

So does anyone have any suggestions on just how to manage multiple projects?

Since you've read through various threads on sub-notebooks vs tags, you should have found some advice on managing multiple projects using tags, since this has been discussed quite often & in many threads.

I have given up hope for sub notebooks so as a work around some of us have used a notebook naming scheme to manage multiple notebooks. You may find it workable but you have to decide. I tried multiple accounts and gave that up as well. You might name your notebooks "Poetry - Published", Poetry - In Progress", etc, "IT - Customers", "IT - Articles", etc, "Recipes - Desserts", etc... This puts all of the related notebooks together in the list as you browse. It does not help the fact that you will end up with potentially hundreds of notebooks.

This is an issue between the "EN browsers" and the "EN searchers". It seems like the searchers have won this argument.

Hugh

• Level 5*
This is an issue between the "EN browsers" and the "EN searchers". It seems like the searchers have won this argument.

It's not a matter of browsers vs. searchers. It's is purely what Evernote provides (that it's the system used by GMail is in its favor, in my book) -- they're the ultimate arbiters, since they have to make and support the software. That being said, browsing via the tag list can be viable; at least it is for me.

~Jeff

It's not a matter of browsers vs. searchers. It's is purely what Evernote provides

~Jeff

I agree. It is what EN has decided. EN has decided on an organizational model that is not ideal for many users. That's how good the program is, we can't give it up.

Hugh

Archived