View options for notes

peter@peterhyde.co.uk

Idea

The default options are that notes are sorted by date created and in reverse alpha order. Personally I prefer title and alpha order. It would be really helpful if there was a way to set these preferences globally within the Preferences menu. Secondly, I caan't see why anybody would want their notes in reverse alpha order, so why make that a default?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The deal seems to be that if you choose your preferred sort order and then exit Evernote,  your preference will be saved.  It's a global thing - no separate choices for each notebook - but it's fairly easy to swop to an alternate if you need it...

• Level 5*
On July 1, 2016 at 9:49 AM, peter@peterhyde.co.uk said:

The default options are that notes are sorted by date created and in reverse alpha order. Personally I prefer title and alpha order. It would be really helpful if there was a way to set these preferences globally within the Preferences menu. Secondly, I caan't see why anybody would want their notes in reverse alpha order, so why make that a default?

The images below are from my Mac
I'm using the top list view, and can change the sort order by clicking on the options box in the upper right corner
I can also set sort options in the View menu

Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 12.33.19 PM.png  Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 12.35.18 PM.png

Archived