Share my thoughts before leaving

First of all, I'm now a free user, not because I don't want to go premium, but I don't use Evernot that much. I've been a paid user for 1.5 years, but really didn't take any advantages of it. Then I stopped.

I was first disappointed about Evernote for only allow Paid user to lock with a pin. It was not a very high tech functionality. I believe users should have some basic protection with their notes (eg when kids are playing with your phone). It's now a free function, but too late.

Secondly, offline notes. I can't see any reasons why USERS HAVE TO PAY TO STORE THEIR OWN DATA ON THEIR OWN DEVICES?

Thirdly, limit to 2 devices. Well, I won't complain too much on this one. But one smart phone, one tablet and one desktop/laptop should be the minimum requirement for a user. Limit of 2 device only make user annoy. This is a very SMART idea to force users to upgrade.

I never tried to find a replacement since using Evernote until now. Anyway, thank you Evernote and good luck! I'm with Notability now.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Aaron Chen said:

Secondly, offline notes. I can't see any reasons why USERS HAVE TO PAY TO STORE THEIR OWN DATA ON THEIR OWN DEVICES?

Probably more to do with keeping them synced then allowing them to be stored.  Header information is stored on the tablet/phone but an internet connection is required to download the note content.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Aaron Chen said:

I was first disappointed about Evernote for only allow Paid user to lock with a pin.

You must be happy now this is now available to all account tiers.  Personally, I would have just signed out of my account

>>Secondly, offline notes. I can't see any reasons why USERS HAVE TO PAY TO STORE THEIR OWN DATA ON THEIR OWN DEVICES?

The desktop platforms store a copy of the data on the devices, but I was under the impression most mobile users didn't want this; something about limited storage space.

>>Limit of 2 device only make user annoy. This is a very SMART idea to force users to upgrade.

I agree.  Even better than the email limitation.  They should have done it long ago

>>Anyway, thank you Evernote and good luck! I'm with Notability now

I like Notability for serious note taking.  It really doesn't compare to Evernote for filing and organizing my data

Archived