How to I get rid of this note - lock symbol on note?

• Level 5*

I have one note that isn't sync'ing, resulting in the red exclamation mark over the Sync button. As you can see from the screen clip below, the note has a 'lock' on it. The erase function does not work while the note is locked, nor can I merge it with another note for subsequent deletion (which is my usual method of deleting these zombie notes that refuse to die).

Screenshot%202016-06-30%2022.49.54.png

How can I unlock this note so that I can send it to its digital grave?

• Level 5*

One other method that has worked for me is to do a select all of the note contents and delete that and then the empty note can be deleted. I don't recall seeing the locked icon so this could be something else.

• Level 5*

No luck. I can delete the note's contents, but it doesn't stick - i.e., once I navigate away from the note and come back, the original content is still there. I suspect the lock, in addition to preventing wholesale deletion of the note, is also preventing editing.

Funny thing is, up until this issue, I wasn't even aware there was a note lock feature. That's actually pretty useful - provided I can figure out how to enable and disable it! 

• Level 5*

Sorry, that is it for my bag of tricks on this one. Locked notes is something that others have been asking for. Maybe you somehow triggered something that isn't exactly rolled out yet. Would be interesting to hear what support says on this one.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, s2sailor said:

Sorry, that is it for my bag of tricks on this one. Locked notes is something that others have been asking for. Maybe you somehow triggered something that isn't exactly rolled out yet. Would be interesting to hear what support says on this one.

I will be selling the Note Lock feature for $1/mo . . . as soon as I figure out how to manipulate it. Act now, this is a limited time offer!  :P

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, tavor said:

I will be selling the Note Lock feature for $1/mo . . .

Oh great, another 50 pages of posts from the Basic Tier users.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, tavor said:

I will be selling the Note Lock feature for $1/mo . . . as soon as I figure out how to manipulate it. Act now, this is a limited time offer!

As long as the feature will work on more than 2 devices, sign me up! :)

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, tavor said:

I have one note that isn't sync'ing, resulting in the red exclamation mark over the Sync button. As you can see from the screen clip below, the note has a 'lock' on it. The erase function does not work while the note is locked, nor can I merge it with another note for subsequent deletion (which is my usual method of deleting these zombie notes that refuse to die).

Screenshot%202016-06-30%2022.49.54.png

How can I unlock this note so that I can send it to its digital grave?

With stubborn to delete notes I have encountered (none of them locked, mostly notebook-less for some unknown reason) I have

1. created a new note
  2. merged the new note with the problem note
  3. deleted the resultant note.
  4. everthing ends up in trash to be emptied.

FWIW

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

With stubborn to delete notes I have encountered (none of them locked, mostly notebook-less for some unknown reason) I have

1. created a new note
  2. merged the new note with the problem note
  3. deleted the resultant note.
  4. everthing ends up in trash to be emptied.

FWIW

Yep, the new note + merge > delete is my go to method with zombie notes. But this note is a boss-level zombie note and laughs off such feeble attempts at its annihilation. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tavor said:

Yep, the new note + merge > delete is my go to method with zombie notes. But this note is a boss-level zombie note and laughs off such feeble attempts at its annihilation. 

Sorry about missing you had already tried the peon-level zombie note delete, my bad.  :(

I have seen the same locked icon in the new note stand alone window after I've decided to delete the note I was creating.  Did it just now, image below.  However if I either close the window or click on Erase Note the note does go away for me, no sync issues.  Trouble ticket time?

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5

I just checked, and this lock symbol is on every note in my trash. Likewise the Erase Note and Restore Note buttons, both of which do work. So whatever is the problem with the note, it's not because of the lock icon; that's just a function of it being in Trash. I presume it's there because notes in Trash can't be edited.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, csihilling said:

Last thought, it if is in the trash maybe restore and then do the Zombie merge clean up.

Restore does not work. Zombie note is dead and cannot be brought back to the land of the living notes.  ;)

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just checked, and this lock symbol is on every note in my trash. Likewise the Erase Note and Restore Note buttons, both of which do work. So whatever is the problem with the note, it's not because of the lock icon; that's just a function of it being in Trash. I presume it's there because notes in Trash can't be edited.

Blam! Your observation re: trash folder notes prompted me to find the note in the trash (previously I was accessing it by CTRL + SYNC, which finds unsync'ed notes). From there I was able to merge it with another trash note (interesting since I couldn't merge it with a new note - perhaps zombie notes only merge with other dead notes?) and then I could unleash the BFG 9000. 

I should probably empty the trash to prevent any chance of reanimation, but I like to live dangerously.

Archived