Penultimate 6.2.1 Released

cifip

Idea

14 replies to this idea

Hi,

Its good to see that this app is still alive and breathing. I have been using Penultimate regularly for a long time but was just about to drop it from my workflow because of a long period of no development or updates. Thanks for that. Also please add some more useful features and bug fixes next time eg. marker is still awful.

Thanks.

Still waiting for pdf import... Something so basic but not implemented, it is really a shame. That's why most people (me included) are using Notability or Goodnotes (and of course other useful features which I doubt that Evernote will be implementing in the near future)...

How about an android version or are you guys okay with cutting out a huge segment of phone and tablet market??  I work in retail and we were just reviewing our numbers for our district and Ipad sales have dropped like a rock.  They have not leveled off they are dropping like a stone.  While 2 in 1 products are going way up and Android ones are growing slowly.  You guys may want to rethink which OS you are building for?  I would be building a windows and Android one.  Now I don't code at all so I have no idea how hard this is.  I will be the first to admit that.  However, math does not lie.

How about adding Apple Pencil in the Stylus Setting support? Currently, you're only supporting your own styluses, which is a hassle when I am accidently writing annoying dots with my wrist (and I don't want to buy your stylus only because I have the one marketed by Apple, it will always be more popular).

Guys in the next release please please please provide an option to move the page navigation bar from the bottom of the screen to the top or side. Every time I go to write near the bottom of the page I'm adding new the middle of sentences- it's super annoying!

if anyone has a workaround or existing fix for this I'd be happy to hear it. 

Cheers

Guys, the only reason I changed to Penultimate was because of the Evernote integration. Please make it worthwhile to keep it. I for one really like to type certain content in the middle of my handwritten notes. This would be a very useful feature that I can get elsewhere. Apple saw fit to make a huge investment in the creation of the iPad Pro with the Pencil. Why? Because there are millions of users out there who were exclusively taking handwritten notes on their iPads. Won't Evernote and Penultimate become the de facto standard as long as it keeps feature parity? Better yet, just let us know your plans...

I agree this is all slightly disappointing, so much potential that is being wasted. It is such simple little updates that would make the world of difference. 

I assume we will suddenly see an update in the near future that completely integrates Penultimate into Evernote, but why can't we be kept abreast of these changes.

There seems to be a great deal of interest in Evernote improving its support for pencil-based notes. Penultimate has so much going for it, eg automatic EN syncing, so why not continue to update? Based on focus on iPad pros at WWDC. The next version of IOS will be even more pencil-friendly, I think that this is a chance for EN to position itself as the best  notes destination for sketches done using Apple Pencil.

Please improve support for apple pencil, get rid of (or allow user to disable) magnification mode, allow users to annotate PDFS, and let users assign tags to each notebook within Penultimate. 

On 6/10/2017 at 1:04 PM, JayF said:

There seems to be a great deal of interest in Evernote improving its support for pencil-based notes. Penultimate has so much going for it, eg automatic EN syncing, so why not continue to update? Based on focus on iPad pros at WWDC. The next version of IOS will be even more pencil-friendly, I think that this is a chance for EN to position itself as the best  notes destination for sketches done using Apple Pencil.

Please improve support for apple pencil, get rid of (or allow user to disable) magnification mode, allow users to annotate PDFS, and let users assign tags to each notebook within Penultimate. 

Well said

On 5/4/2017 at 2:16 AM, StilMan said:

Guys, the only reason I changed to Penultimate was because of the Evernote integration. Please make it worthwhile to keep it. I for one really like to type certain content in the middle of my handwritten notes. This would be a very useful feature that I can get elsewhere. Apple saw fit to make a huge investment in the creation of the iPad Pro with the Pencil. Why? Because there are millions of users out there who were exclusively taking handwritten notes on their iPads. Won't Evernote and Penultimate become the de facto standard as long as it keeps feature parity? Better yet, just let us know your plans...

Agree, this would be a great feature!

Archived