Changing Browser to Chrome

In 2011 Downloaded and created my EV Desktop in IE. It worked but there were buggs. Today I wish to finish the job by starting fresh, so I can use it. However the the EV Desktop still downloads in Internet Explorer. How do I change the Browser to download in Chrome, as I am using Chrome and preferr to stay with Chrome. I am using Steve Dotto's Evernote Made Easy 10 step tutorial which also opens in Chrome.  I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit.

I need help a.s.a.p. please, as I have been at it for some time. Thank you very much! Heinrich

I have posted "Changing Browser to Chrome" pretty sure it was on the 26th or early AM on the 27th of June. I'm trying to create a new Evernote Desktop,  starting all fresh. I have deleted all old Notebooks and Notes originally created in 2011. Problem: It was created in Internet Explorer. EV WEB uses Chrome, I am using Chrome now - so I wish to swithtch to this Browser from IE. to create EV Desktop. I use Steve Dotto's 10 step "Evernote Made Easy" tutorial, also opening in Chrome. Main Question: How do I change from IE so the Ev Desktop opens in Chrome? Q2.: Did I make an error when originally posting? There is no large Dot on left side of posting; Q3. Why is it so difficult to find HELP and SUPPORT directed at How to use this forum,  and,  HOW to correctly create and submit a Post, so that it will be read and Lastly, a clear direction to finding one's own post later when searching for replies. Unless I looked in all the wrong places; I am using Windows 8.1 Pro,  I need help urgently PLEASE.. Looking for your much needed Support & Suggestions;  Thanks', HeinrichDS

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so we tend to respond when someone happens upon an unanswered query - as now.  Support is available via the website or any search engine,  plus Facebook / Linkedin / Google+ and Twitter.  The general help site is https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us  follow 'Troubleshooting' for support requests to Evernote direct.

If you're using the web-based version of Evernote then you should be able to open the web page in any browser - Evernote doesn't set a preference for one or the other,  but your system does.  You may need to set your default browser to Chrome.

• Ex Employees

Hi. I replied to your ticket #1690860 on Monday.  Feel free to reply back to that email or here if you need more help.   I've copied a portion of that reply below.

On 6/28/2016 at 8:04 PM, Heinrich DS said:

Main Question: How do I change from IE so the Ev Desktop opens in Chrome?

Evernote for Windows Desktop cannot be used within a browser. The desktop version is a separate app used outside of a browser. You can download Evernote for Windows Desktop from: https://evernote.com/evernote/ 

I believe that you may be using the old version of Evernote Web with IE. 

Please try these steps to switch to the old version of Evernote Web with your Chrome browser: 

1. Open this link in your Chrome Browser: https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action

2. Select the "Go Back to Old Version" Link listed to the right of "Evernote Web"

3. Select "Go to Notes" on the top right.

image.png

After completing these steps, I believe Evernote Web on your Chrome browser will match what you see in IE. Let me know if that is not the case.

Archived