EverNote advanced search syntax limitation

Hi, I'm picking up EverNote very quickly but have come unstuck in the end. The issue I have run into is the limitations of only being able to use ANY or AND logic but NOT a mix of the two (AND/OR).

This is causing me problems such as being forced to use ANY logic which is pulling in unrelated notes from the ENTIRE database. An example of this occurring is when I search in all notebooks for:

intitle:"_Glossary" any: tag:"fld-Information Science" tag:"fld-Statistics" tag:"fld-Programming" tag:"needs info"

You can see that the intuitive goal is to see all my glossary notes that "need info" within the specified fields, however I will literally get every note in the ENTIRE evernote database tagged with all the "field names" or "needs info" tag. 

TLDR: I really require, 
in all-notebooks: ( intitle:this AND tag:that ) with tags x OR y OR z
Does anyone have any advice, thoughts, workarounds? It's a shame because I designed my entire structure before recognizing the lack of search logic...woops!

• Level 5*
On June 26, 2016 at 9:11 PM, San Dillos said:

TLDR: I really require, 
in all-notebooks: ( intitle:this AND tag:that ) with tags x OR y OR z
Does anyone have any advice, thoughts, workarounds? It's a shame because I designed my entire structure before recognizing the lack of search logic...woops!

I would use two searches
tags x OR y OR z    Apply temporary tag to save results

then

intitle:this AND tag:that And temporary tag

Archived