How to get 100s of emails from outlook in to EV

hi

my outlook is full - i want to basically empty my inbox in to EV in 1 go, just everything in to 1 notebook - nothing fancy

if i select all in outlook inbox, or even just 2 or 3 notes then forward to my EV email address the notes dont come through - it seems only forwarding individual notes will work 

i just havent got time to forward 000's of email individually, would take hours

is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

• Level 5*
On June 25, 2016 at 2:21 PM, AJSS said:

my outlook is full - i want to basically empty my inbox in to EV in 1 go, just everything in to 1 notebook - nothing fancy

if i select all in outlook inbox, or even just 2 or 3 notes then forward to my EV email address the notes dont come through - it seems only forwarding individual notes will work 

i just havent got time to forward 000's of email individually, would take hours

is there a better way to do this?

Does your email client have an export option.
If you can get separate files created, it should be easier to import to Evernote

• Level 5*

Outlook doesn't export to any Evernote - friendly file formats - but then I didn't think there was a limit on storage either.  Do you not have an Outlook Clipper you can use to select multiple emails and convert them to notes?  I've not tried this with serious bulk conversion,  so I'd take it slowly and work up from (say) 10,  to 20,  40 and 100 emails testing all the way that the transfers work correctly.  Beware that all these emails are using upload allowance,  so depending on your specific account type you might run out of allowance before completion.  Short term,  (and before that happens),  set up a local notebook and put your emails there - you can move them to a synced notebook later.

Archived