Looking for a way to search for "on this day in the past"

I would like to be able to find notes that have been created on the same day in the past. So, If I do this search today, I would get a list of notes created on June 24th in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012...

2 Reasons:

- Among many other purposes, I use EN as a journaling tool. It would be nice to have a way to see at a glance what has changed from 1 year ago, 2 years ago ...

- it would help with reorganizing and getting rid of obsolete stuff (without scrolling through my 16000 notes which is a little intimidating)

So, anybody know of a way to achieve this?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, chronistin said:

I would like to be able to find notes that have been created on the same day in the past. So, If I do this search today, I would get a list of notes created on June 24th in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012...So, anybody know of a way to achieve this?

Search      created:20150624  -created:20150625    
will get you all notes for the specific date.

On my Mac, I would script this (AppleScript) so I could enter a day (like June 24) and all notes would be returned.

Thanks, that works well as a single search. Unfortunately (in this case) I am on windows. Maybe there's a similar thing to apple script that I don't know of?

(windows EN search wants the date without slashes btw)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Search      created:20150624  -created:20160625

Doesn't this return a range of notes from 6/24/2015 to 6/25/2016?  If you want notes just on 6/24/2015 then I think it needs to be created:20150624  -created:20150625.

AutoHotkey may be able to automate this.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, chronistin said:

Thanks, that works well as a single search. Unfortunately (in this case) I am on windows. Maybe there's a similar thing to apple script that I don't know of?

If no one comes up with a Windows solution, you could run the script multiple times adjusting the year, and use a temporary tag to save your results.

I updated the post for the coding errors

• Level 5*
On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎24 at 9:19 PM, chronistin said:

Thanks for the 

I'll try this over the weekend, thanks!

Having used both AutoHotKey and PhraseExpress, I have to say that the latter is a lot more user friendly and intuitive.

After you have created a new "phrase",add the search syntax first. Then click the gear wheels for a lot of different actions, where custom date/time lets you manually chose the date format and how many days you want to subtract.

You can then chose if you want the automatic text to be entered by a keyboard shortcut or by writing something and pressing TAB.

Archived