Upload limit reached quickly (too quickly?)

I signed up for premium a week ago, and just now I checked my account. 98% of my 10gbs has been used. I don't believe I used that much that quickly. Not even sure that that is possible. Is everything ok? Any thoughts?

• Level 5*
On June 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Traveller1 said:

I signed up for premium a week ago, and just now I checked my account. 98% of my 10gbs has been used. I don't believe I used that much that quickly. Not even sure that that is possible. Is everything ok? Any thoughts?

I'd recommend opening a support ticket.  There's a link below in my signature section.
     Contact Evernote Support

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Can you please share some info on this - i just signed up for plus and run into my upload limit all the time it seems. I do upload (copy/paste) pictures form the internet into notes, and I know that can take up quite som MB, however I do find it difficult to figure out the exact size of a particular note befor the pop-up warning with the limit-reach shows up and then I can do nothing. 

Also, it is not that transparent to me how much space it take up when using Evernotes Clipper for instance - this may also be a source for reaching my limit REALLY fast even though I havn't saved that many notes?

Furthermore, when attaching a picture from the camera roll or Google Photo I can't choose what size it should use - as I can when sending the picture from within my phone as a text message for example. If Evernote automatically attach the original picture in full size (up to 5-6MB) I'll reach my limit in a sec!

Any advice or insights on how to keep working efficiently with Evernote - it seem quite counterproductive if I'd have to use a different program/app to save my screenshots, pictures form the web or even my iPad/iphone to resize AND THEN upload to Evernote. 

Thank you :)

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, DemezaPhoto said:

Can you please share some info on this - i just signed up for plus and run into my upload limit all the time it seems.

Can you let us know what platform you're using?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, DemezaPhoto said:

I'm on a Mac :) 

As you can see below, I use toplist view and the note size is the last column on the rightScreen Shot 2016-08-04 at 10.24.12 PM.png

Awesome thank you - I wasn't aware of that it showed there!! MUCH APPRICIATED and helpful to know!

However, is there I way for me to control the size of the pictures I want to attach to a note from my iphone or iPad - since these uploads are the ones steeling all the MB?

And I do not need the pic to be uploaded in full size - I don't need to print, just keep it all organized in Evernote instead of 3-4 different places :)

Thank you so much for you help!

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, DemezaPhoto said:

However, is there I way for me to control the size of the pictures I want to attach to a note from my iphone or iPad - since these uploads are the ones steeling all the MB?

And I do not need the pic to be uploaded in full size - I don't need to print, just keep it all organized in Evernote instead of 3-4 different places :)

afaik   Evernote doesn't include any manual/auto feature to resize images.  
If you add a large photo as an attachment to a note; thats the size you get

You would need to use an external program to resize, or store the actual photo outside of EN.  Can you store the photos in iCloud? 
Resize is a feature of the Preview app on your Mac

EN does have an IOS setting so when you use the camera IMG_0091.jpg
to add a photo to a note, you can specify a size

• Level 5*

Also, I believe each time you add to or change a note the entire note is uploaded.  So if you add 4 pictures to a note worst case syncing after each add the first picture is effectively uploaded four times.

• Level 5*
On August 4, 2016 at 10:38 PM, DemezaPhoto said:

If you're interested in a workaround, I'm looking at the third party IOS app Workflow that has a resize image option

You set up a workflow; for example: Resize Image
                                                           Create/Append to note in Evernote

So, instead of selecting Evernote in the Share menu, you select Workflow

The app has many other workflow actions.  You can also insert "Convert to PDF" into the above workflow.

Archived