Saving Microsoft Office docs in Evernote

I used to be a premium user but found Evernote frustrating because it changed the Word and Excel docs that I saved in it. I want to be able to open documents saved in Evernote as I would any file system and have the Excel or Word program open with the document and I want to be able to forward the document in the format that it was created. Is this possible or is Evernote just not for me?

• Level 5*

All the capabilities of Word or Excel are available after you open an attachment you have stored in an EN note.  So yes, you can forward in native format after opening the attachment.

• Level 5*
On June 23, 2016 at 4:13 PM, JamesDH said:

I used to be a premium user but found Evernote frustrating because it changed the Word and Excel docs that I saved in it.

Can you explain further.  I would be very concerned if Evernote made changes to my attachments

• Level 5*
On 6/23/2016 at 6:13 PM, JamesDH said:

I want to be able to forward the document in the format that it was created

You don't state which platform you are using (Mac, Windows, other?), but in EN Mac I can easily drag/drop a MS Office document attached to an EN Note to an Outlook 2011 or Apple Mail email message.  It maintains the exact format/extension as the file in Evernote.  I would expect this to work in EN Win, but maybe an EN Win user can confirm.

It also works for EN iOS.  Just tap the MS Office doc to download/open, and then tap the Share button to add as an attachment to Mail.

Archived