Sidebar folder for shared notebooks

svenyonson

Idea

Several people I work with or have worked with each have a notebook in their personal Evernote account that is the name of our company (CableLabs). I also have a notebook with that name. These notebooks have been shared with me, and so I now have (4) folders named CableLabs. While they are disambiguated with the sharing persons name in parens, it would be useful to have a "Shared with Me" folder under Notebooks in the Sidebar. So it would now look like this:

• Notebooks
    • Business
      • a
      • b
      • c
    • Personal
      • CableLabs
      • Stuff
      • Other Stuff
    • Shared with Me
      • CableLabs (Joe)
      • CableLabs (Fred)
      • CableLabs (Lisa)

Or, as a more general solution, allow us to create folders anywhere in the hierarchy under Notebooks in the SIdebar for organizing our notebooks.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, svenyonson said:

Several people I work with or have worked with each have a notebook in their personal Evernote account that is the name of our company (CableLabs). I also have a notebook with that name. These notebooks have been shared with me, and so I now have (4) folders named CableLabs. While they are disambiguated with the sharing persons name in parens, it would be useful to have a "Shared with Me" folder under Notebooks in the Sidebar. So it would now look like this:

Or, as a more general solution, allow us to create folders anywhere in the hierarchy under Notebooks in the SIdebar for organizing our notebooks.

You use the term "folders" when I think you mean Notebooks

Have you looked at the Stacks feature for organizing Notebooks

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, svenyonson said:

I have a LOT of notebooks.

Have you looked into the Tag feature?

I have a minimal number of Notebooks.  I create them when I need the Default/Share/Local/Outstanding feature
I have a LOT of tags, and they can be organized in an unlimited hierarchy

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Have you looked into the Tag feature?

I have a minimal number of Notebooks.  I create them when I need the Default/Share/Local/Outstanding feature
I have a LOT of tags, and they can be organized in an unlimited hierarchy

How then would you share a tag with someone? We often share notebooks that are project centric.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, svenyonson said:

How then would you share a tag with someone? We often share notebooks that are project centric.

When you share a notebooks, the tags are shared with notes.

In regards to shared notebooks; they are not replaced completely by tags.  The sharing is done at the notebook level.  My Notebook list has 5 shared notebooks for active projects, and 2 for archived projects (consolidated)

Archived