Alternate Rows are grey in a Table

Hello,

Whenever I add a row in a table inside a note, the alternate rows are of grey colour.( screeshot attached) 

Same thing happens when I copy-paste a table from excel.

However, if I create a fresh note in a fresh notebook, this problems doesn't appear! But when I merge this new note with an existing note, same thing happens.

Kindly Help.

Thanks in Advance.

greyRow.jpg

• Level 5

The original table (along with its style information) was probably copied from a web page. Try pressing Ctrl+Space to run the Simplify Formatting command on this note, which will remove the table styling.

1 hour ago, emerick said:

The original table (along with its style information) was probably copied from a web page. Try pressing Ctrl+Space to run the Simplify Formatting command on this note, which will remove the table styling.

Hello emerick,

thank you for replying but it didn't work :(

• Level 5*

My more extreme solution would be to copy the whole table out of Evernote and into Word or Excel where there are more specific table formatting options.  Format (or de-format) as you require,  then copy your table back into a new note (if you can) or at least delete the existing table before copy the revised one back in.

Hope that helps...

19 hours ago, gazumped said:

My more extreme solution would be to copy the whole table out of Evernote and into Word or Excel where there are more specific table formatting options.  Format (or de-format) as you require,  then copy your table back into a new note (if you can) or at least delete the existing table before copy the revised one back in.

Hope that helps...

Hello,

Actually when I copy this table to a word file, all the grey columns disappear( even on retaining the formatting).

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hope that helps...

moreover, this problem also happens when I create a fresh table ( in the same note; not in a fresh note)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm with @emerick - give the Support guys a look at this.  Still sounds as though you have some rogue formatting in that note which causes problems.  If you paste the table into a new note,  is it OK then?  Would it be feasible to copy and paste all tables from the grey-striped note into a new one,  by way of Word or Excel?

That would be grey stripes note -> Word/ Excel -> new note,  copying and pasting each time.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I'm with @emerick - give the Support guys a look at this.  Still sounds as though you have some rogue formatting in that note which causes problems.  If you paste the table into a new note,  is it OK then?  Would it be feasible to copy and paste all tables from the grey-striped note into a new one,  by way of Word or Excel?

That would be grey stripes note -> Word/ Excel -> new note,  copying and pasting each time.

The grey columns disappear even if I copy the table to a new note in the same notebook. Don't know what wrong I have done with this note. By the way, I have merged some other notes a number of time with this note.

Just now, I made two new notes in the same note book and merged them. Tables are working perfectly fine in that merged note. 

There seems to be problem with that particular note only!

Archived