How to change the name of a notebook in Mac

Go to solution Solved by BSR,

Wondering how to change the name of a notebook in Evernote? (I'm using the Mac version)

1. Click on the Notebooks icon on the left icon panel.
  2. Click on the Notebook you want to rename.
  3. Click on the information icon in the black section of the title.  
  4. This will take you to the Notebook Info screen.
  5. Click on the current title and then edit the name as desired.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1
  • Solution

Hi there @ptsgrad2001, welcome to the Forums!

5 hours ago, ptsgrad2001 said:

Wondering how to change the name of a notebook in Evernote? (I'm using the Mac version)

1. Click on the Notebooks icon on the left icon panel.
  2. Click on the Notebook you want to rename.
  3. Click on the information icon in the black section of the title.  
  4. This will take you to the Notebook Info screen.
  5. Click on the current title and then edit the name as desired.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for posting those steps. You can also rename a notebook in the desktop application for Mac by right-clicking (or Ctrl + click) on the notebook and select Rename Notebook. Please note that this will only work for notebooks you have created, not ones that were shared with you. 

• Like 1
  • BSR pinned this topic
  • BSR featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Still, why to do that in different way compared to Windows ? Right click to Notebook - Notebook settings - and modify name. In Apple OS this choice can not be selected for unknown reason (all Notebooks, none of them is shared)

evernote.jpg

• 1 month later...

Over time, the Mac desktop version of Evernote has become more and more obtuse and dysfunctional.

Why can't I just right-click the notebook and change the name?  I mean, the Notebook Settings option is right there and greyed out for some reason!

Stuff like this is causing me to use Evernote less and less - I found myself taking whole notes out of Evernote the other day and putting them in Workflowy just to make things easier for myself.  I've been a Premium subscriber for almost four years and now I'm seriously looking at other tools all the time.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Sean Kaye said:

Why can't I just right-click the notebook and change the name? 

5a18cc607eb18_ScreenShot2017-11-24at17_48_38.png.e3c0e035a5cf0b0170218f9aa7176bc7.pngMy method of changing a notebook name is

1. Access the Notebook Page
  2. Right-click the Notebook
  3. Select Rename Notebook

Documentation at Organize-with-notebooks

>>I mean, the Notebook Settings option is right there and greyed out for some reason!

I'm not seeing that.  Can you post a screenshot
My Evernote version is 6.13.1

>>Over time, the Mac desktop version of Evernote has become more and more obtuse and dysfunctional.

I'm not aware this rename process has changed over time.  It's the method I use.  

It seems quite functionable to me; not sure why you see it as obtuse (annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand)

There does seem to be a lack of functions in the sidebar notebook list5a195972ac789_ScreenShot2017-11-25at03_49_48.png.1c5089ad929e3d758760ffdf8ca3a443.png
I don't show the notebook list in the sidebar.  I only have 6 notebooks, but I prefer a minimal desktop 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-12-23 at 7:18 PM, Katherine DeHaven said:

Just as "fanysoft" said on October 11, and Sean Kaye said on November 24, there is NO option to "rename" a notebook. 

There is no rename option in the Sidebar, that's understood; I know we can get past this5a48062973261_ScreenShot2017-12-30at13_31_54.png.702709d8160cba68f92804bff8c2d5bd.png
The Rename Notebook option is in the Notebook Page; select View > Notebooks or double-click on the notebook icon in the sidebar 

I reported this and posted screenshots (on November 24)

5a4806cfa0060_ScreenShot2017-12-30at13_35_19.png.74931f824360b01dca9b00948ec52836.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks DTLow

I eventually figured out your explanation, as I had the same query as "Fanysoft". I made the error of Right clicking on the notebook name that was in the sidebar. When I clicked view>notebook and then right clicked on the notebook I wanted to rename IN THE CENTRAL PANE (not the sidepane) I could see the rename option.
However the right click on the notebook in the side pane is more intuitive and if the product is to be user friendly, then it odd why in the current version (6.13.1) does not allow for this???

I looked at Microsoft's OneNote again yesterday. looks quite sweet. Got me thinking.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/8/2018 at 5:45 PM, R45001Sh said:

open View > Notebooks and right click on the notebook you want then simply change the name and it works properly.

I totally agree with OP...this is not intuitive at all. Take a lesson from the Mac OS Devs...this shouldn't be so complicated.

I tried doing this to no avail...there is no View > Notebooks. Please...make this simple and integrate a right-click menu!!

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 5.41.45 PM.png