Evernote was unable to load the data for a resource

Hi,

After the most recent update of the Mac Desktop client, i get several errors when exporting a notebook to HTML. Enex works fine, but the HTML fails. I have tried to move the notes that result in error out of the notebook, so see if its just recent notes since my last backup/export. But, that is not the case. Notes added a few months ago that used to export fine, not result in an error.

The error message I get is:

"Evernote was unable to load the data for a resource on the note titled ''.

Also, the export doesn't log the error and continue (ignore errors) so at least other notes get exported. Since it halts the export process, its all or nothing.

This seems to have started with the latest update - Version 6.7.1 (453574 Direct) - on Mac OS 10.11.5 (15F34)

Any help appreciated. I'm a premium user with a few thousand notes in Evernote. Its seems like suddenly export to HTML became unreliable.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, nickster said:

After the most recent update of the Mac Desktop client, i get several errors when exporting a notebook to HTML. Enex works fine, but the HTML fails. I have tried to move the notes that result in error out of the notebook, so see if its just recent notes since my last backup/export. But, that is not the case. Notes added a few months ago that used to export fine, not result in an error.

I'd recommend opening a support ticket; there's a link below in my signature section

Can you post an enex export of the notes causing this error?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, nickster said:

I got a very similar error yesterday when I was processing via AppleScript all of the notes in one Notebook.
I'm running the same versions as you:  Evernote 6.7.1 (453574) on OSX 10.11.4 

AppleScript did not throw an error, and kept on processing.  I ended up with a bunch (10s, 100s, ?) of these messages, and had to quit Evernote and restart my Mac to remove all of these popups.  Unfortunately, I did not do my usual procedure of making a screenshot of one of these popups.

I'll try to reproduce the error today, and post my results later.

I logged out from Evernote, deleted the local app directory in the Mac library and then did a fresh sync from the cloud. After than the export worked properly.

Feels like something about the local DB upgrade with the recent update caused the issue.

• 3 months later...

I'm having this issue where I cannot export as HTML, and every attempt I've made to delete Evernote from my Mac results in the "Migrating notes..." msg.

I've found that just opening offending note can fix it, but I have a lot of notes...

6 hours ago, udapud said:

I'm having this issue where I cannot export as HTML, and every attempt I've made to delete Evernote from my Mac results in the "Migrating notes..." msg.

I've found that just opening offending note can fix it, but I have a lot of notes...

Hi @udapud, would you mind creating a Support ticket using the link below and letting me know the number here so I can follow up on it for you?

Submit a support ticket

Thank you!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, udapud said:

The support page won't let me sign in. When I sign in I get redirected to the web app, then after returning to the link you provided it asks me to sign in again.

I ignore the sign in; if you're posting here, you've already signed it

3 hours ago, udapud said:

So apparently the ticketing system doesn't allow tickets for technical issues??

I put it in as something else. The number is: 1849670

I just sent you an email, be on the lookout!

This happens to me pretty much every time I try to export to HTML, and the primary error is usually that some "item" in a webpage that I saved to evernote has a name that is too long to be saved.

I'm not sure at all what to do about this or how to fix it.  I can't go through and just delete all the notes causing this problem (I have many thousands of notes.)  So I effectively have no way to back up right now.

For example:

-[ENNoteHTMLExporter exportResourcesForNote:htmlFile:error:] main |      [DELETED NAME OF .GIF FILE]
2016/10/09 03:55:38:897 E|*** -[ENNoteHTMLExporter exportResourcesForNote:htmlFile:error:] main | Error writing note resource data to file: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=514 "The item couldn’t be saved because the file name “[DELETED NAME OF .GIF FILE]” is invalid." UserInfo={NSFilePath=.../[DELETED NAME OF .GIF FILE], NSUserStringVariant=Folder, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb3153b2d00 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=63 "File name too long"}}

• 3 months later...

I'm having this very same problem on OSX. Initially, I was having a problem with notes getting overwritten with body data from other notes (after ios 8 EN ver update) that EN hasn't been able to figure out an answer for yet. So now, I'm trying to export notes as .html and get errors "Evernote was unable to load the data for a resource on the note titled forum" etc. I'll delete a note like that, and get another error.  There is no way to submit a ticket for technical specific support using the link in posts above. So basically, I'm having data loss, trying to backup is having problems, and I can't even send in a support ticket. I've been a paying member for 8 years and know EN inside out, but it is really trying my patience at the moment.

Edit: "submit ticket" showed up after scrolling through different dropdown options within the tech support section.

Archived