Making it easier to Search

i have been using Evernote for some time now and and loading lots of notes, forwarding emails and office attachments etc.  Searching for these items is becoming a pain as the amount of items "found" is to great to quickly find what i am looking for. I know i can prefix a search such as "intitle" or "created" etc but this is not particular handy / user friendly. When can we get a new button on alongside the File / Edit / view buttons with a drop down allowing search by title or notebook or tabs or created date or keyword(s)?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Marklevy9 said:

Searching for these items is becoming a pain as the amount of items "found" is to great to quickly find what i am looking for

My preference is to use tags.  It allows for more precise identification.

>>When can we get a new button on alongside the File / Edit / view buttons with a drop down allowing search by title or notebook or tabs or created date or keyword(s)?

We sort of have that on the Mac platform.  Its a dropdown list to help in building the search parameters. It helps, but I agree that to use the search feature effectively, you need to be familar with the search grammar (link below in my address section)

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 7.45.12 AM.png

• Level 5*

Workaround.  I use a tool called PhraseExpress to create my own hot keys.  For me, Ctrl - Alt - I wraps whatever is in the search bar with intitle:"......" and hits enter so I go right to the results.  PE is also useful for just about any repetitive set of keystrokes.  FWIW.

Archived