Drag and drop view vs. scanned-in view

I'm posting this in Mac because that's where I do most of my Evernote work, but I also use the Windows version at work and I'm seeing the same behavior in it:

When I scan in a document, a new note is created and a PDF created as per my scanner settings. The first page of the PDF is displayed in the note.

When I drag-and-drop a PDF file from my computer into a new note, all I see is the filename, date and time, and file size. Like a header.

I would like to be able to see the first page of the pdf just liked the scanned-in notes.

Is there a setting that controls this that I'm missing?

On 6/15/2016 at 4:37 PM, robinkaspar said:

I'm posting this in Mac because that's where I do most of my Evernote work, but I also use the Windows version at work and I'm seeing the same behavior in it:

When I scan in a document, a new note is created and a PDF created as per my scanner settings. The first page of the PDF is displayed in the note.

When I drag-and-drop a PDF file from my computer into a new note, all I see is the filename, date and time, and file size. Like a header.

I would like to be able to see the first page of the pdf just liked the scanned-in notes.

Is there a setting that controls this that I'm missing?

Hi there @robinkaspar, welcome to the Forums.

As @DTLow pointed out in his screenshots, you can follow these steps to view the PDF attachment inline in the note:

For notes that already have attachments in them, you can expand them to an inline view (where the entire attachment is displayed) by right-clicking in the attachment bar and selecting View Inline.

Inline.png

You can also set the application to display all attachments inline as the default option by doing the following:

• Open Evernote for Mac
  • From the menu bar, select Evernote > Preferences > Clipping
  • In the drop down menu under View Newly Clipped PDFs..., select Inline
  • This will display all of your attachments inline in the note by default

Preferences_and_Evernote_Premium.png

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• BSR featured and pinned this topic
  • BSR unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived