A notification appeared across the top of my Mac app today asking me to update. I clicked the link and the App Store opened, showing me my Mac app was up to date! When I compared version numbers, I found that I had 6.61, not 6.71. I couldn't update there, so I went to the Evernote web site and downloaded the updated app there. When I launched again, I had the correct, updated version, but the app recognized an App Store version and had to copy all my notes to a new folder and then update them.

Any clue as to why the App Store wasn't cooperating with the update?

18 hours ago, sPeeDeeBee said:

A notification appeared across the top of my Mac app today asking me to update. I clicked the link and the App Store opened, showing me my Mac app was up to date! When I compared version numbers, I found that I had 6.61, not 6.71. I couldn't update there, so I went to the Evernote web site and downloaded the updated app there. When I launched again, I had the correct, updated version, but the app recognized an App Store version and had to copy all my notes to a new folder and then update them.

Any clue as to why the App Store wasn't cooperating with the update?

Hi there @sPeeDeeBee

Are you experiencing this issue updating any other apps from the Mac App Store, or is the issue just with Evernote?

I also have this problem.

I'm running evernote 6.6.1

When I open it, it says a new version of Evernote is available. So I click 'Update Now'. That takes me to an Evernote page in the Apple store. On the top left is an icon for Evernote, and beneath that, an 'Open' button. I click that. Nothing happens. I don't know what else to do.

I don't have any problems with other appstore apps

Hey everyone, just wanted to let y'all know that our team is currently looking into this. I will update this post with more information as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience.

Archived