Permanent templates?

smallhandfoods

Is there a way to permanently have a template available within a notebook? I created a template, put it within its own Template Notebook, then can copy it to a document one at a time. But I have several hundred entries to make to this notebook. I'd love a way to always have the template available without going to the other notebook and copying over and over again.

• Level 5*

You don't mention what platform, but on Windows you drag the template note to the desktop and an ENEX shortcut will be created.  Then whenever you double click the shortcut a new note will be created in your default notebook.  Then you can update as you like and move to whatever notebook.  Double click ten times and you will have 10 new notes.

I use this method for a phone call template that I created.  Double click and I have a note to modify in my Inbox.  Full disclosure, two monitor set up which makes it easier to have the shortcut visible.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
On June 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM, csihilling said:

You don't mention what platform, but on Windows you drag the template note to the desktop and an ENEX shortcut will be created.  Then whenever you double click the shortcut a new note will be created in your default notebook.  Then you can update as you like and move to whatever notebook.  Double click ten times and you will have 10 new notes.

Extending your method, it might be worthwhile to store the templates in a folder on the desktop

Archived