Set font for code block

Like the new code block feature!  Next it would be nice to be able to set the code font -- it's a little small for my old tired eyes :-).

Also nice would be syntax highlighting, but can live without that.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree!

Also an option of changing the background color (I find dark code blocks much easier to read) would be nice!

For me, syntax highlighting is mandatory. I'm already searching quite a while for a tool where I can save my documentation, notes and code examples for personal use. Like a private knowledge base. Currently I've build my own node application to do this. But it would be so nice if Evernote would support this feature!

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, mkanakos said:

I also am looking for the suggestions moonbox makes:

• font choice for code block / larger font size
  • syntax highlighting in code blocks

Then you should vote this topic up.

<p>I too want code blocks</p>

<p>Kinda sad the forum supports them but the product does not</p>

<p>There was a Mac beta which had some kind of support for them...what ever happened to that?!</p>

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Zetta said:

<p>I too want code blocks</p>

<p>Kinda sad the forum supports them but the product does not</p>

<p>There was a Mac beta which had some kind of support for them...what ever happened to that?!</p>

Code blocks are supported in the product but font change and syntax highlighting is not.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Great feature! However, I found that when changing a block of text to the new code format, it undid all the indenting - please do something about that! Along with the syntax checking (if possible) and color coding.

• 2 months later...
On 27/06/2016 at 11:00 PM, moonbox said:

Also an option of changing the background color (I find dark code blocks much easier to read) would be nice!

For me, syntax highlighting is mandatory. I'm already searching quite a while for a tool where I can save my documentation, notes and code examples for personal use. Like a private knowledge base.

Hi Moonbox. https://marxi.co/ may help you. I currently use this for the reasons you described. The notes you create save in EVN as html files. You can re-edit them in Marxico again. I also like that the notes are locked and you cant accidentally edit in EVN. 

It's pretty good and worth a look. You can create a table of contents too for your notes which is pretty awesome for documentation. 

I would like code language support as well as the locking feature to be build into EVN but whatever.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:42 AM, Chris Zeigler said:

I find it frustrating when I paste code from Visual Studio and the text colors for syntax highlighting are all correct and then using the Code Block formatting button deletes all the font coloring.  

It'd also be nice to have a way to put line numbers on the snippet.  

EvernoteCodeFormattingScreenCapture.gif

Not the grandest of workarounds, but if you leverage the triple backtick to create a block first, then paste into it, Evernote appears to respect your syntax highlighting (tested on web, not any platform specific versions).

Archived