Syncing between Mobile app and iMac

Hi there

(first time poster)

I used Evernote on my iPhone on holiday and created 22 notes in one notebook. But when I got home and synched to my iMac app version of Evernote, it is only synching 13 of the notes. How can I get all 22 notes to synch to my iMac? Any help much appreciated.

• Level 5*
On June 10, 2016 at 3:30 AM, doubleldoublee said:

used Evernote on my iPhone on holiday and created 22 notes in one notebook. But when I got home and synched to my iMac app version of Evernote, it is only synching 13 of the notes. How can I get all 22 notes to synch to my iMac? Any help much appreciated.

I'm not experiencing this problem, and thought it was all automatic.
Did you have your iPhone on, with wi-fi access?Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 11.41.01 AM.png

You can force the sync by clicking on the sync button on your iPhone.

You might want to check the web platform to see if the sync problem is with you iPhone or Mac

On 6/10/2016 at 5:30 AM, doubleldoublee said:

Hi there

(first time poster)

I used Evernote on my iPhone on holiday and created 22 notes in one notebook. But when I got home and synched to my iMac app version of Evernote, it is only synching 13 of the notes. How can I get all 22 notes to synch to my iMac? Any help much appreciated.

Hi there @doubleldoublee, welcome to the Forums!

Please open your computer or laptop computer's web browser, log into your account and evernote.com, and verify all of your notes appear as expected. Once you have verified that all of your notes appear as expected on the web, you can get the application to perform a "force sync" from our servers on your Mac by holding the Option + Shift keys on your keyboard and clicking the sync wheel in the application. This will pull all of your notes from the web. Please let me know how this works out for you.

**Please note: These troubleshooting steps are specific to this issue. Please do not try them unless you are experiencing the same issue and have first verified that all of your notes appear properly on the Web at evernote.com

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, BSR said:

You can also get the application to force sync on your Mac by holding the Option + Shift keys on your keyboard and clicking the sync wheel in the application.

@BSR, please tell me what this does?

I had never heard of this before, and I just tried it.  Now my EN Mac won't stop syncing.  How do I stop it?

Evernote 6.7.1 (453574) on OSX 10.11.4

I'm getting a lot of lines like this in my Activity Log:

2016/06/12 20:56:13:205 I|*   -[ENSyncEngine(Notes) syncNotes:retryOnError:ignoreClientUUIDs:]  | Syncing 27 notes...

• Level 5*
On June 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM, BSR said:

You can also get the application to force sync on your Mac by holding the Option + Shift keys on your keyboard and clicking the sync wheel in the application. Please let me know how this works out for you.

Edit: **Please note: These troubleshooting steps are specific to this issue. Please do not try them unless you are experiencing the same issue and have first verified that all of your notes appear properly on the Web at evernote.com

On June 12, 2016 at 6:55 PM, JMichaelTX said:

@BSRI had never heard of this before, and I just tried it.  Now my EN Mac won't stop syncing.  How do I stop it?

Isn't that the secret code to trigger the self destruction sequence?:)
Edit: This option triggers the Mac application to force a sync and pull all of your notes from the server.

@doubleldoublee

I usually just click on sync wheel; no Option or Shift keys

I also have my sync preferences set at

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 7.38.38 PM.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Isn't that the secret code to trigger the self destruction sequence?:)
I usually just click on sync wheel; no Option or Shift keys

I also have my sync preferences set at

Really?  You think this is helpful?  Oh, I get it, any excuse to post to increase your post count.

Thanks for the noise.

• Level 5*
On June 12, 2016 at 9:17 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Really?  You think this is helpful?  Oh, I get it, any excuse to post to increase your post count.

Thanks for the noise.

Yes, I do think the sync instructions can be helpful; a standard sync instead of the entire set of notes.

Feel free to ignore my attempt at humour.  I tried to identify it as such with :) for the humour challenged.  Edit: Seriously, I wouldn't run commands without knowing the full story of what they perform; but then I don't have 8800 posts

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I do think the sync instructions can be helpful.

So, let's see.  I have 8,800+ posts, and you just came on the scene.  And you really think I need help on basic syncing?  LOL

• Level 5*
On June 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM, JMichaelTX said:

So, let's see.  I have 8,800+ posts, and you just came on the scene.  And you really think I need help on basic syncing?  LOL

I think you've lost sight that this discussion was started by @doubleldoublee, asking for help on syncing.  This discussion is not about you or me.

@BSR and I were presenting the sync process on a Mac

>>and you just came on the scene
My forum profile shows I joined these forums June 22, 2011.  I started using the Evernote software in 2009

I've been around, ya know (Al Pacino, Scent Of A Woman)

@JMichaelTX:

This option triggers the Mac application to force a sync and pull all of your notes from the server. It was meant as a troubleshooting step for @doubleldoublee's issue and is not recommended unless you are experiencing a sync issue and have verified all of your notes are on evernote.com. I should have included them in my original post and have amended it to include these instructions. Thank you for pointing this out.

Depending on how many notes are in your account, the time it takes for the sync to finish will vary. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, BSR said:

I should have included them in my original post and have amended it to include these instructions. Thank you for pointing this out.

You're welcome.  I almost never do something like this -- take an action for which I don't know its intended purpose -- but for some crazy reason I did yesterday.  Fortunately, the syncing stopped on its own after a couple of hours (I have > 16K notes).

Thanks for posting the warning in red. Had I saw that, I never would have tried it.

May I make some suggestions:

1. Always provide details of a suggested action (even if diagnostic) when posting in a public forum
    (you have already corrected this -- just a reminder for the future, and for your colleagues)
  2. When the user executes such an action that could take a long time to complete, or could result in irreversible changes, then BEFORE you actually start the action:
    1. Advise the user of the consequences
    2. Provide a means to cancel the action before starting.
  3. Once a long-running action has started, provide the means to interrupt and stop it.

Thanks.

Archived