Audio not exporting from OneNote to Evernote

Hi!

I got really ticked that OneNote eliminated their audio recording capability so I decided to go full tilt with Evernote.  I have multiple audio files in OneNote that I'd like to transfer to Evernote.  Everything else synced fine, but the audio files don't come over.  Instead a .onebin file is placed in the page. I even tried cutting and pasting and same result. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Have you been able to drag/copy/whatever one of the files from ON to a folder at any time?  If so, you could try using the Import folder function of EN and drag the file to that folder and then check it out the resultant note in the designated notebook.  Don't know much after that....

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, mplishka said:

Thanks for the cool idea, but no dice.  It actually did go to the desktop as an audio file.  When I dragged it into EN it turned into a onebin

My guess is that it did not "actually did go to the desktop as an audio file"

Will OneNote allow you to export the audio as a true audio file.

10 hours ago, csihilling said:

Have you been able to drag/copy/whatever one of the files from ON to a folder at any time?  If so, you could try using the Import folder function of EN and drag the file to that folder and then check it out the resultant note in the designated notebook.  Don't know much after that....

Nope.  I did the import folder function and it still ended up a onebin file.

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

My guess is that it did not "actually did go to the desktop as an audio file"

Will OneNote allow you to export the audio as a true audio file.

It actually had a 3gp file designation and when I clicked on it on the desktop it played.  So, it looks like an audio file and acted like one.  The only thing I can think is that maybe OneNote is tagging their files somehow in the Windows environment so as long as it's a Microsoft product it shows up as regular file.  Try and transfer it and it becomes a shell of a file, I.e. Onebin

Thanks folks for trying!

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, mplishka said:

It actually had a 3gp file designation and when I clicked on it on the desktop it played.  So, it looks like an audio file and acted like one.  The only thing I can think is that maybe OneNote is tagging their files somehow in the Windows environment so as long as it's a Microsoft product it shows up as regular file.  Try and transfer it and it becomes a shell of a file, I.e. Onebin

What happens if you create a note, and drag the 3gp file into the note.

• Level 5*

Maybe it has something to do with the 3gp format specifically and EN not recognizing it.  Don't know if it is worth it, but you could convert one of your files to M4a or MP3 and then import the result to see if that works. 

• 2 months later...

Archived