Searching in Evernote for Mac without inverted commas

Hi,

I used to be able to search for anything in my Evernote app for Mac OSX (ver 6.6.1) simply by entering words or a phrase in the search bar. Lately, however, this has not been working. To get search results, I now have to use inverted commas,

i.e.

"car service"

instead of 

car service

I find this very annoying. Is there a way to remove the need to use inverted commas when searching?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

• Level 5*
On June 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Dan Roberts_77 said:

I used to be able to search for anything in my Evernote app for Mac OSX (ver 6.6.1) simply by entering words or a phrase in the search bar. Lately, however, this has not been working. To get search results, I now have to use inverted commas,
i.e.
"car service"
instead of 
car service
I find this very annoying. Is there a way to remove the need to use inverted commas when searching?

inverted comma?

I'm thinking this works exactly how it should

A search for

1. car service     gives you all notes having car and service
  2. "car service"   gives you all notes having the exact phrase car service
  • Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Dan Roberts_77 said:

Yes, what you say is how I believe it should work, however, when I try  searching without using the inverted commas (i.e. as per option 1. in your post), I get no results whatsoever.

Can you post screenshots of each search?

18 hours ago, Dan Roberts_77 said:

DTLow

Yes, what you say is how I believe it should work, however, when I try  searching without using the inverted commas (i.e. as per option 1. in your post), I get no results whatsoever. 

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

Can you post screenshots of each search?

Hi @Dan Roberts_77,

In addition to posting the screenshots, can you please try the following?

• Log into your account from a computer web browser at evernote.com. Do you experience the same behavior when searching on the web?
  • Update your Evernote app to the latest version, 6.7.1, and let me know if the issue appears there. You can find instructions on how to update your app here:

How to install and update Evernote

Let me know how this works out for you!

Archived