Feature Request: custom sort order for notebooks (and notes)

marcthiele

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, marcthiele said:

I hope I just am too blind to find this option, but I really would love to be able to sort my notebooks in an order that I like to have them. Is there any option for this?

There is an option box to change the sort sequence (image below)
And since I use the top list view, I can just click on a column to change the sort sequence
You might notice that I assigned shortcut keys to the sort options for quick changes.

Also, because we're using Macs, we can use Applescript to create our own "jump" process.
I use this for some of my views.  I get a drop down list showing my saved searches, and they are executed and the appropriate sort (usually title seq.) is applied

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 1.08.30 PM.png

I'd really like to be able to custom reorder notes in a notebook, via drag and drop as a way of quickly reordering ideas and concepts for narrative structure. At the moment I'm numbering ideas (notes) but it's messy and as the ideas grow, the process is overly complex. In all other ways, Evernote is ideal for collecting ideas and external references, but not being able to order the notes according to my needs, is a major flaw.

Archived