Creating shared notebook where people can take notes but that the notes are not synced and shared with the all users

Rafi

Hi,

Want to create a course booklet as a 'notebook' with lecture slides etc for the cancer charity I work for.

Can I create a notebook that people can take notes on without it affecting the original shared notebook but rather just have notes on their own personal version? Could this perhaps be done by saving the workbook by each individual? 

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Rafi

• Level 5*
On June 8, 2016 at 4:43 AM, Rafi said:

Want to create a course booklet as a 'notebook' with lecture slides etc for the cancer charity I work for.

Can I create a notebook that people can take notes on without it affecting the original shared notebook but rather just have notes on their own personal version? Could this perhaps be done by saving the workbook by each individual? 

Is your audience Evernote users?

My method for sharing would be to use the "public links" feature.  You can even use a Table of Contents note.

Your notes can include PDFs attachments which your audience can download and take notes on.  They can even store them in their own Evernote accounts, or whatever process they use.

• Level 5*
On 6/8/2016 at 6:43 AM, Rafi said:

Each individual would need their own copy of the note. 

• Level 5*
On 6/8/2016 at 6:43 AM, Rafi said:

Can I create a notebook that people can take notes on without it affecting the original shared notebook but rather just have notes on their own personal version?

I must be missing something here. What is your purpose of sharing a Notebook, if you don't want anyone other than the recipient to see notes they create?  Why not just do this:

1. Share your "Slides" Notebook to your recipient list as read only.
    1. When each recipient joins your NB, they will be able to search your NB, as well as copy Notes and/or text from it.
  2. Each recipient can create their own private Notebook to keep their notes in, and create links to Notes in your shared Notebook as necessary.
  3. If you want to be able to see their notes, then ask them to share their Notebook with you.

Archived