Jump to content
  • 27

Dark Theme for Web Client


wonderflex

Idea

I know I've seen it before, but I'll say it again - could we please get a dark theme for the web app (or any the desktop programs)?  The longer I write the more I feel my eyes slowly roasting inside of my skull like fine twice-baked potatoes.  That may be an exaggeration, but not much of one.  In the event that can't happen, do you have any recommendation for how to accomplish this?  I've attached a copy of my idea for how to make it look.  If you like it, feel free to roll it out.

 

evernotedark.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post

15 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I see lots of requests for this and similar but nothing happens. The white background on the desktop version is a pain after a short while. I would like a choice of themes. Surely it can't be that difficult?

Link to post
  • 0

Haven't you noticed that almost no requests ever result in anything changing on the Web Client?

This page is full of pleas for features to be added or improved, most of them under thick layers of dust and concealed by enormous spiders webs.

Most users give up after a while, realising that Evernote will do whatever it does (if indeed it ever does anything) whenever it wants to and not before. 

I keep writing on this block because I hate the idea that the company might think it can fool all of the people all of the time. They seem to operate under the premise that the average user has a mental age of 10. 'Fraid not. 

 

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Glennie said:

Haven't you noticed that almost no requests ever result in anything changing on the Web Client?

I noticed this request has 0 votes (upper left corner)  Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 12.35.53 PM.png
Just possible that the developers are working on projects that users voted higher priority.

Link to post
  • 0

It received 7 votes in this thread.

The thread was begun on October 31 2013 and the last post was written 6 June 2016

273 replies.

Those engineers must be having a tough time finding a solution. Pity, because a lot of users make reference to headaches etc. Maybe there is no solution. But if that is the case, we won't be told. Better to keep us hanging on. Otherwise we might just go elsewhere.

The whole web version story and the repeated lack of attention to users requests is shameful, really.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

Clearly this is a desirable feature. It is burning into your brain from the minute one logs into the web app. This basic feature really feels like it should be trivial for the Evernote team to implement. It is obviously popular, otherwise why have a Dark Theme in the desktop version? 

Background (if anyone cares) I have been moving to Linux lately, and the last remaining application which I need to share with other hardware platforms is Evernote. In the past I avoided the web client because it felt like a poor substitute for the desktop. I just 'upgraded' to the new version of the web app and was shocked and saddened to find that dark mode is still not yet enabled. I am hoping that I am just missing an obvious check box somewhere in the un-intuitive interface. 

As a product manager myself, in the past, I have been saddened by the Evernote product team's lack of attention to - clearly desirable feature requests. This may be the final straw and the reason I stop paying for Evernote and finally find a replacement for this over-bloated and under-featured note-taking application.

grumble grumble grumble

Link to post
  • 0

Posted 6/2016, it's 8/2020 and still no dark mode for the web client. As a former developer, I can tell you how easy this would be for Evernote to implement. If it takes a developer one hour, that's a lot. I'm amazed that they haven't implemented it yet, especially as the entire software industry has embraced dark mode. Even Windows and Office now have a pervasive dark mode.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, RBL said:

Posted 6/2016, it's 8/2020 and still no dark mode for the web client. As a former developer, I can tell you how easy this would be for Evernote to implement. If it takes a developer one hour, that's a lot. I'm amazed that they haven't implemented it yet, especially as the entire software industry has embraced dark mode. Even Windows and Office now have a pervasive dark mode.

There's a post on the forum someplace from a former EN developer as to why this is not a piece of cake to be implemented.  That might help.

Link to post
  • 0
On 6/8/2016 at 4:44 AM, wonderflex said:

I know I've seen it before, but I'll say it again - could we please get a dark theme for the web app (or any the desktop programs)?  The longer I write the more I feel my eyes slowly roasting inside of my skull like fine twice-baked potatoes.  That may be an exaggeration, but not much of one.  In the event that can't happen, do you have any recommendation for how to accomplish this?  I've attached a copy of my idea for how to make it look.  If you like it, feel free to roll it out.

 

evernotedark.jpg

Can you hire this Guy on your design team also. Pleas get a dark mode sorted ASAP! Like every good software has a dark mode theme .... Step up Evernote, please!?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...