Feature Request: Internal Note Linking

Westmeetseast

Idea

Imagine how handy it would be if you could , at the touch of cmd-l (for example), insert a link into your note about another evernote using a note browser. Same general interface as the note switching function (cmd-j).

You could quickly create all sorts of magic like:

• Tables of contents
  • Detailed wikis
  • References

..and plenty of other things that I haven't had the time to write down yet.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Westmeetseast said:

Imagine how handy it would be if you could , at the touch of cmd-l (for example), insert a link into your note about another evernote using a note browser. Same general interface as the note switching function (cmd-j).

I'm not sure how this differs from the current link feature.  My notes are heavily cross linked with both internal and public links.  This is documented further at: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313588-How-to-use-note-links-to-connect-between-notes

I love note links, use them extensively. Guess the OP is hinting towards having a little pop up at the press of a hot key that allows you to select the note to link to without leaving the note. I must say, it is a little cumbersome to go find the note you want to link to, right click or menu, select copy note link, go back to where you want the link and paste it in. Shortening this process would be nice. (After fixing the editor bugs!)

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Michael Goulding said:

I love note links, use them extensively. Guess the OP is hinting towards having a little pop up at the press of a hot key that allows you to select the note to link to without leaving the note. I must say, it is a little cumbersome to go find the note you want to link to, right click or menu, select copy note link, go back to where you want the link and paste it in. Shortening this process would be nice. (After fixing the editor bugs!)

I use the toplist view so my list of notes is always available
If I'm typing in a note on the bottom right panel, I can right click on the top panel to copy a note link.

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 3.51.46 AM.png

Archived